“Good food in a relatively quiet environment”

Garden of Dreams - Cafe
Ranked #40 of 886 Restaurants in Kathmandu
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Enjoyed the Nepali Dhal Bhat. Somewhat plush restaurant in the Garden of Dreams, where one has to pay to enter. So not worth it unless interested in visiting the very average garden.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I saw this place while i was crossing the road and liked the entrance gate. Searched a bit about it and went there. I don't regret the decision. If you are a flower fanatic, please visit the place. It will seem like a place outside the busy Kathamandu. A very soothing environment with good food. The entry fee is 200 Nepali Rupees but it is totally worth the money.There are two restaurants inside. We went to the Kaiser Cafe and really liked the food. It was raining and we really liked the chilled beautiful weather there. It is a must go place, if you just want to spend some quiet time with the green nature and beautiful flowers near Thamel.

Reviewed 8 April 2018

I just had a cup of tea, so I didn't spend much and got the same view as everyone else eating a full meal. I still tipped well, and didn't stay long, so I didn't feel like I was taking anything away from a "paying" customer.

1  Thank cindyanddoug
Reviewed 2 April 2018

As others have said, you have to pay 200NPR to enter the gardens, but they are worth it I think, if you have time to enjoy them. We had our last evening meal in Nepal here and were pleased with the choice, and although the food is predominantly Western it is good. Main courses average around 1500NPR (excluding tax and service) which is pricey for Kathmandu, but tasty. We paid around 6500NPR for two all in, but lets face it, that is still cheap for a nice meal in nice surroundings.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

A nice large garden or small park. An entrance fee of 200 rupees and expect to pay around 1500 rupees per meal. I thought the meals a little too westernised but if that's what you want then worth a visit