Reviews (1 224)
1 224 results
All reviews nepalese restaurant an oasis fusion bar day bed living museum beautiful hotel wooden windows junior suite heritage hotel rooms are huge close to the airport beautiful architecture main restaurant inner courtyard nepali culture chaotic kathmandu busy city
28 - 33 of 1 224 reviews
Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

This is how I felt during my stay here at Dwarika’s.. this was no ordinary hotel and therefore I do not think hotel criteria apply. It was not really individual aspect of the stay that be specifically identified-but just to confirm everything was five star.. a stunning spacious bedroom... I loved the bathroom it was just gorgeous and I loved the layout with a
stunning marble bath in the middle.. I rarely take baths.. but this one was so inviting.. I ran one immediately. I loved the welcome detail in the room with fresh flowers lots of fresh exotic fruit.. particularly delicious cookies and a game of tiger hunt.. I wish I’d learnt to play.. all the food in the hotel restaurants was very good.. light lunch in the court yard.. fine dining in the evening and very impressive breakfast selection..
So to summarise my stay..I came away just feeling I’d been personally invited to a palace.. it just felt such an honour and a privilege.. the space was exquisite.. all the furniture and artefacts that Dwarika had collected over the years.. you felt the stories attached would be wild tales of adventure and intrigue... every nook and cranny had secrets and mystery..
It was utter magic to have stayed here... the only piece missing was the mysterious prince...

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 June 2018

If you can afford the price, this is the one for you. I am certain, given other destinations, you'd have to pay a lot more.

We originally booked for one night only at this hotel, but, upon arrival at the other hotel organised by the travel agent a day prior, we had to ring the Dwarika whether we could come in a day ahead - paying additional for the extra night, of course. The staff returned call promptly and was offering A$200 for an additional night. I believe they were doing this out of good will.

Unfortunately, the travel agent begged and pleaded that we stayed with their choice of hotel....

The next day, we promptly showed up at the hotel. The facade of it is nothing to write home about. In fact, it was dilapidated. It was on a very busy street, with all the dust and noise to go with it.

However, upon entering the hotel, we were greeted warmly and it was but an oasis... All the facilities were as good as shown in the pictures, and later I relished into reading the records of the hotel and how the owner, though for personal gain and profit purposes, was able to revive the interest in the traditional carving and housing style, while incorporating into the requirements of a first-class hotel facilities.

We enquired whether we could extend our stay for half a day, since the flight would not depart till late in the evening.

Next day the young PR lady came back and said we could stay as long as we wished!! We broached further and she explained that since it is the beginning of the monsoon season, their occupancy rate is very low. 'It's better to have people in the house than no one at all....' she said.

Room Tip: We had the room facing the courtyard, so assume it's quieter, as being away from the street.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 June 2018

Fantastic accommodation, fantastic staff and a really good food. An oasis of tranquility, cleanliness and excellent customer service. We've stayed there for 4 nights and every day was just perfect. Special thanks to the staff, from reception to the pool attendant and cleaning ladies, for their hard work and attention to detail. They provide a truly royal service in this pristine and magical property.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

Absolutely loved this hotel. We felt like Kings and Queens residing in a magnificent ancient palace. The rooms are huge and spacious. The courtyards are inviting and relaxing. The staff are super polite and hospitable. They take care of your every need. We had a 6 course dinner at Krishnapan restaurant which was delicious and a memorable experience. Highly recommend the City Country package offered by the hotel - 2 nights in Dwarika Kathmandu and 3 nights at Dwarikas resort in Dhulikhel. It has many spa and meal inclusions. Kathmandu is a cramped noisy city and Dwarika is an oasis of peace and calm right in the heart of city.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 June 2018

This hotel represents the true heritage of Nepal. The architecture, woodwork, furniture and ambiance is unique. They have some of the finest and traditional cuisines. The rooms are huge and comfortable. Its quite well placed and with in 10 to 15 mins drive from the airport.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business