Reviews (1 436)
1 436 results
All reviews an institution an oasis new wing deluxe room beautiful garden thamel district the hustle and bustle travel desk main building tourist area hot water durbar square heart trek barber budgets chaos
639 - 644 of 1 436 reviews
Reviewed 27 April 2015

A trekking friend and I stayed at the Kathmandu Guest House in preparation of our trek toward Base Camp. The staff of the Kathmandu Guest House, specifically, Mr. Akhilesh Tandukar, Travel Desk Incharge, understood our needs and put us in touch with a wonderful trekking company TREKKING PLANNER, who took care of our guide and porter needs. The process was seamless and without difficulty. In fact, the trekking company person secured for us all required park passes and documents. Getting off the plane in Lukla we were met by our guide and porter and were on our way up the mountain. Special thanks to Mr. Leela Sapklota, Assistant General Manager, of the Kathmandu Guest House for all his assistance, focus on detail, and overall friendly nature. I have stayed in many hotel properties, all over the world, and I found the staff from manager to housekeeping staff attentive and professional.

Room Tip: You may wish to ask for a 'quiet' room. Guests often sit outside in the patio area late at night talking which does detract from a restful sleep for those of us who are 'light' sleepers.
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled with friends
ktmgh, Manager at Kathmandu Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2015

Dear Guest,
Namaste and warm greetings from Kathmandu Guest House (KGH). We would like to thank you for sharing your recent experience at KGH. Your heap of personal praise on our staff has greatly lifted the spirit of the whole team at KGH and we are highly delighted that we exceeded your expectation in terms of service delivery and it has always been our endeavor to improve the amenities and facilities as the time demands.
Thank you once again for your time and patronizing KGH and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Reviewed 21 April 2015

I have always wanted to stay at this Iconic Hotel in Thamel but was too busy staying at other Hotels. Finally I managed to stay here during the first week of April.
I just walked in and booked the room. The staff at the Reception were helpful, especially Mr Nawin who allowed me to see all the different categories of rooms they had to offer.
I stayed my first night at a Basic Standard room as I was alone. The room was really nice and clean with twin beds. The Bathroom was very clean also. The room had all the amenities that I would need like a TV, two bottles of complimentary water a fan and toilet amenities with fresh clean white towels.
The window looked into a side street of Thamel but it was not noisy at all and I had a great sleep.
For the next three nights I stayed at the Deluxe room with a balcony that faced into their beautiful garden.
This room was in their newer building with a lift. The room was very nice with a comfortable Double bed. Everything in this room was of course better then in the standard room. We enjoyed having the balcony. It was quite and peaceful.
The free wifi connection was reasonable. It worked well when I needed it the most, which was in the middle of the night.
The breakfast was good but it was exactly the same every morning. The staff were helpful and hard working but when it was busy they could not keep up! I especially liked the sausage. I still enjoyed the Tea and the limited choice of food. I was offered something different so on the fourth morning I did take up their offer and enjoyed Puri and Aloo ( deep fried dough and potato curry).
The Garden is very nice and I wish I had more time to sit there and enjoy the beauty.
The location is excellent as you are in the middle of Thamel.
You must come and stay here at least once.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sherpafamilyhk
ktmgh, Manager at Kathmandu Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2015

Namaste and warm greetings from Kathmandu Guest House(KGH).
We would like to thank you for sharing your wonderful experience at KGH. Your words of appreciation has greatly galvanized our whole staff at KGH. We are very delighted that we exceeded your expectations in terms of service delivery and our lavish buffet breakfast seems to have tickled your taste bud and we always love oblige to our guests' request and we always stand for quality, taste and character of the KGH.
Thank you once again for patronizing KGH and we do look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed 19 April 2015

I never made it to Nepal in the 80's, Which I regret. Making up for lost time, I went in April, with the usual dilemmas that apply when looking for a place to stay in a city for the first time. I looked and looked and finally asked my friend who lived in Nepal years ago. He said the only place to stay is Kathmandu Guest House. I looked it up, the rooms, the prices, and decided yes and I'm so glad i did. Kathmandu is teaming with humanity. The Kathmandu Guest House is a haven in all this. old world charm, gardens, social graces and manners prevail. The rooms aren't huge, but even the most basic has everything. I can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: All rooms are good, the most basic having only a common bathroom. The site images are accurate, your choice depends on your budget. Whichever room you choose will be good.
3  Thank 0rmond

Namaste and warm greetings from Kathmandu Guest House(KGH).
We would like to thank you for sharing your wonderful experience at KGH. Your words of appreciation has greatly galvanized our whole team at KGH and we are equally delighted that you loved our Hotel and the way things are now and we are always committed to maintaining the KGH glory and character at any given time.
Thank you once again for patronizing KGH we do look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed 18 April 2015

I had just finished several weeks of intense volunteer work and I need a soft bed and a hot shower. I got so much more than that for such a great price. It was exactly what I needed. All the guests around me seemed happy with their stay as well. Ask for the Ricky Martin room!

Room Tip: Ricky Martin room is garden level and subject to some noise, but my two nights there were just fine.
1  Thank Allison W

Namaste and warm greetings from Kathmandu Guest House(KGH).
We would like to thank you for sharing your wonderful experience at KGH and we are equally delighted that we exceeded your expectation in terms of service delivery and your words of appreciation has greatly lifted the spirit of the whole team at KGH and that should go long way in further improving our amenities and services.
Thank you once again for patronizing KGH and we do look forward to serving you again in near future.

Reviewed 17 April 2015

I enjoyed my stay at Kathmandu Guest House. I visited for one night at the start of my trip. I selected a Standard Room. The room was pretty clean, bathroom pretty tiny. The room was tucked away a bit and the outlook was rusty roofs and a a bit depressing! After a week out of Kathmandu I came back to KGH and stayed in a Garden View room. It was light and airy. The outlook beautiful, bathroom a lot larger and room decor more attractive. Well worth the extra $10AUD per night when you are travelling solo. Restaurant food was good. Be aware that they add taxes on top of printed prices. This makes it significantly more expensive than many similar and better restaurants in very close proximity. It was run well and the staff were numerous and good at their jobs and helpful (one grumpy girl on the front desk) KGH is a good haven. Complimentary airport pick up us also very worthwhile, particularly if you are a first time visitor to Nepal!

Room Tip: Tax added to menu prices.
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled solo
ktmgh, Manager at Kathmandu Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2015

Namaste and warm greetings from Kathmandu Guest House(KGH).
We would like to thank you for sharing your experience at KGH. Your words of appreciation has greatly lifted the spirit of the whole team at KGH and that is propelling us in the right direction and we are highly delighted that we exceeded your expectation in terms of service delivery and we are committed to giving our valued guests the best staying experience as always.
Thank you once again for patronizing KGH and we look forward to serving you again.