All reviews swimming pool location is fantastic buffet breakfast is thamel district home away from home vishal heart nepal
Reviewed 14 May 2015

My husband Subodh K. Jain and I arrived at the hotel about an hour after the earthquake hit on Saturday by car from Chitwan. We sat outside for a few hours before we were allowed to check in. I don't have enough words to describe how incredible the owner and the key staff (Vineet, Arun Purie, Mukti, Rana etc.) at the hotel were. We stayed there for three days. The owner and his staff showed so much humanity under the most difficult and trying situation. They provided tea and biscuits outside to all, provided free food to all for 2 days. They allowed people off the street to come in for shelter and provided free meals to them. They themselves did not leave the premises for almost 3 days! They went over and beyond the basic call of duty. Totally unbelievable how much they did. Highly recommend this place and will definitely stay there when we come back to Nepal.

Charu Jain,
Tampa, Florida, USA
C.Jain@live.com

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Charu J
kumar v, vice president at Hotel Vaishali, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2015

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay and you have great memories of the time spent with us and found it to be a good value. Your inspiring words are sure to take us miles.

The team at Vaishali Hotel are glad to hear that you were happy with the location and found our team to be pleasant. All our team members are trained to give an exceptional level of service to all our guests also during this natural calamity time.

We had a great time serving you and we hope you choose to stay at the Vaishali Hotel in the near future

Reviewed 12 May 2015

My wife and I stayed 3 nights here in April 2015. Whilst the bed was large and comfortable, the bathroom was appalling, with the worst plumbing work I have ever experienced. Basically nothing worked.

We had room service each night and the food was excellent (as was the service).

Breakfast was included and the venue for which was the surrounds of the swimming pool (weather permitting). It was a great venue but food was very average.

All staff members were excellent and they made us feel very welcome.

I certainly would not discourage travellers from staying here, but expect that there are some areas that need improving if this is to be truly considered a 4 Star Establishment.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brian P

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of the Vaishali Hotel on Tripadvisor.

I am most grateful for your feedback, which is such a valuable source of information for me, regardless of whether it is good or bad, and helps me monitor the service we provide.

Naturally, I am extremely disappointed and apologetic for the experience encountered during your recent stay with us.

You have probably read other reviews on this site on the many positive comments we receive on my team and service and it is disappointing to hear that we have let ourselves down.

Once again, thank you for your invaluable feedback and I do sincerely hope we have the opportunity to invite back in the future to experience our service

Reviewed 8 May 2015 via mobile

We came to Hotel Vaishali on 26 of April, the afternoon after the second earthquake, we were 4 people, the hotel did not give us a paid room, they free of cost welcomed us and took care of us and everyone in need of a safe place during this awful time in Nepal. I will never be able to thank them enough, we slept on the lobby as everyone else with plenty of space and blankets nice and warm, were served breakfast in the morning and allowed to call our families in Brazil! All out of kindness, not money. Thank you Mukti Upreti specially for being so kind to us. I keep on praying for Nepal! namaste

Trip type: Travelled with friends
4  Thank Yogingthrulife

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

The team at Vaishali Hotel are glad to hear that you were happy with the location and found our team to be pleasant. All our team members are trained to give an exceptional level of service to all our guests during this natural calamity time also.

Reviewed 27 April 2015

My mom Veena Raj Goel checked in on the Friday a day before the earthquake . She told us how you and your staff took care of not only ur guest but everyone who came to your hotel during earthquake . You make me believe in humanity again .Will stay with you when I visit Nepal

• Trip type: Travelled with family
11  Thank pragyagoel

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

The team at Vaishali Hotel are glad to hear that you were happy with the location and found our team to be pleasant. All our team members are trained to give an exceptional level of service to all our guests.

Reviewed 14 April 2015

We stayed here for 3 nights . The service was excellent within the hotel and the restaurant. The breakfast and evening meal was excellent and good value for money, especially in pool side .
The rooms were very clean and the beds were comfortable.
It is also an ideal location.
I have stayed at quite a few different hotels in thamel before and this is one of the best, especially the service and the food. We will definitely stay here again when next visiting kathmandu.

Room tip: $th floor room are nice
  • Trip type: Travelled with family