All reviews monkey temple a great place to meet the main city centre cab ride solo traveller rooms are nice and clean sleeping bag home away from home dorm room three months everest region minute walk to thamel western food roof terrace nice rooftop friendly place enjoyed my stay
Reviewed 10 February 2015

Stayed here for a few days in february 2015. Staff were very friendly, food delicious, big menu, and was away from the touristy area which i enjoyed. Great rooftop for sun bathing, good place to relax in a big city. Narayan nicest guy in the world.

• Stayed: February 2015
3  Thank Bennycbennydo
Reviewed 4 February 2015

The Sparkling Turtle is an amazing Hostel! I spent two weeks there and thoroughly enjoyed my stay! It is very close to Thamel which is the main area of Kathmandu, it is also very close to the incredible Swayambhunath (Monkey Temple).
The staff are amazing! Narayan has a great knowledge on anything tourist. Ganesh cooks a great breakfast and is great fun, and Mote, also an amazing cook is great fun and his flute playing is awesome :)
10/10 will be staying again when I'm next in Nepal :)!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Gareth R
Reviewed 28 January 2015 via mobile

I was there as a part of a group. The guys are very friendly and it really feels like at home. The food is very good and the toilets are clean. The hostel is close to world heritage site Swayambu monument.

• Stayed: December 2014
4  Thank TomTraveller975
Reviewed 28 January 2015 via mobile

My friend and i styed at the sparkling turtel several night and where very happy with it the staff is so friendly and the do everything the can to make you feel at homes . The break fast is good .as well the manager narayan has big knowleg about trikking on can arrang it for you . The drom rooms,are nice and clean and very chipps. Bikash has there cook. Very friendly and best cook.

Stayed: January 2015, travelled with friends
The Sparkling T, Manager at The Sparkling Turtle Backpackers Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2016

Thank you, It was a pleasure to have you as our guest. We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your collaboration and we hope to see you again soon at The Sparkling Turtle Backpackers Hostel.

Reviewed 28 January 2015

The hostel is very nice environment. Very near lot of Buddhist and Hindu holy place.
The staff very kindly friendly.
I am travelling organiser and I take my gruop to the hostel.
All gruop member were satisfaction. Tha service was excellent.
The room also were clean.
I invited all travellers and enjoy the hostel hospitality!

• Stayed: January 2015