All reviews hot water rooftop restaurant airport pickup the hotel staff location is great complimentary breakfast clean rooms no elevator thamel area hotel is located tucked away second home heart nepal trek solo electricity
Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

This hotel is wonderful! The location can’t be beaten, it’s near the Thamel main street, local shops and tons of restaurants of many countries. Delicious meal inside the hotel. Helpful and friendly staff are ready to serve 24hrs. Got many information about tours and trips. Did Pokhara, Chitwan trip and also mountain flights with theirs support. Mountain and Kathmandu city views from rooftop is awesome. Thank you for your goodness.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dipesh S

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to share with us your experience at OYO. Customer satisfaction is our priority. We will share your feedback with our entire hotel staff.

We are improving our facilities constantly and hope you will visit us soon to experience them. We put in a lot of effort, from our end, in providing the most comfortable stay for our guests.

We work hard to optimize our prices and provide you with budget-friendly hotels. Check our Website/App for great deals everyday.

Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

Hotel is in central of touristic area Thamel. I am so impressed with the way they serve and support for everything. Everyday their plus point are Clean room, good breakfast, free wifi service and 24 hours help desk. Possible to see high mountain and Kathmandu valley from roof top and also room. Only problem is with they don’t have lift, We don’t have another option rather than ladder. I used to go to roof top every morning and evening to see sun rise and sun raise. It was really great. I like to recommendate you all. Go there and see and feel yourself.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Tamang D

Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

I am so happy to be here once again. Now its became same as my home. I had been staying there my every visit to Nepal. This time they are serving tasty breakfast in ground floor. Twenty four hours electricity and wifi service help me ti spent my time easily. I will never forget their support and services. I will come there next time also. Thank you.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
4  Thank nimsim

Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

In all my life I've never been in a shi** hotel as the oyo backyard.
EVERY DAY I had a problem with the hotel. ( I stay one mouth). One day you don't have electricity, the second day you don't have hot water , the third day you have a insect invasion , WiFi doesn't work, TV doesn't work...

And always you have to ask many times to fix the problems. I ordered pankake , you have to wait 1 hour to cook 1 pankake.. I ordered spaghetti, 2 hours !
I ask to clean my room. They forget.
I ask for toilet paper, they don't have and forget to buy it.

The staff is a shi*.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Sudarshan_Backyard, Manager at Backyard Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2018

Dear Valued Guest

We thank you for the review you made on our Backyard Hotel.

Regarding the complain about Hotel Services we refuse to accept some of the accused like not available of toiletries, about the cleaning room and electricity problem But we do accept some accused of hot water problem for one day and TV. As you must know its a technical problem and we believe we sort out the problem with in some hours. We apologize For the time taken by pancake cause of huge group had Breakfast together and also explained about the situation at that time. we had request you to let the reception know about any problem you were facing time to time. we believe during all your stay from one month in our hotel you might have faced that kind of situation only for one time but that doesn't meant you have the worse experience in our Hotel.

Over all we apologize for what ever troubles you've faced in our hotel. We hope you would give us a second chance to make things right in the future.

With Regards
Backyard Hotel Team

Reviewed 24 May 2018

Cozy rooms, friendly and helpful staff. Good for trekkers and hikers, there have luggage storage, have good breakfast, located at center of Thamel Road which the climber first base before go to the mountains.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends