All reviews hot water location is great clean rooms no elevator thamel area hotel is located second home airport heart rooftop nepal electricity
Reviewed 10 April 2015

This is a place i will always stay when im in Kathmandu...To sum it up in one word i would say Perfect...again friendly staff...location at the heart of kathmandu...and superb choice of breakfast...special thanks to Jimmy who made us amazing pasta for dinner...Will be back soon....

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
10  Thank Arjee666

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to share with us your experience at OYO. Customer satisfaction is our priority. We will share your feedback with our entire hotel staff.

We are improving our facilities constantly and hope you will visit us soon to experience them. We put in a lot of effort, from our end, in providing the most comfortable stay for our guests.

We work hard to optimize our prices and provide you with budget-friendly hotels. Check our Website/App for great deals everyday.

Reviewed 8 April 2015

The hotel is right next to Thamel squire and tourist attraction area, such as shops and restaurants. People are nice and service was good. Rooms are okay with very small bathrooms. I booked through Agoda, but Agoda prices was for 1 person which I didn't realized until I get there. Hotel charged me extra $5 for my wife. It wasn't too much but $27 I paid should be for 2 persons.

Room Tip: don't take the rooftop room. It is next to restaurant and very nosy.
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank jintaes
Reviewed 7 April 2015

The staffs are very approachable and helpful. Hotel is just fantastic and locate at the centre of Thamel. Rooms are very clean with excellent WiFi, hot shower and TV cable with your choice of channels. The roof top resturant is just wonderful. Hats off to Head chef Jimmy. The manager of Hotel (Sunil Manandhar ) has shown his professional and intellectual approach and suggestion during our stay at Backyard hotel. Siri Ji(Simon)- you are the man (tour Guru), Nissan Bro thanks for your helping hand during our stay including all staffs from top to bottom. We would like to thank you guys for your wonderful hospitality. Once again looking forward to visit Hotel Backyard in near future and i definitely recommend my friends, relatives and traveller all around the world to choose Backyard hotel during their stay in Kathmandu Nepal.

Room Tip: Old Blocks' room are spacious with wide windows and bright with nice balcony.
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family
6  Thank Nanda g
Reviewed 6 April 2015 via mobile

I believe that I don't have to tell you about the location of the place. It's just fantastic. easy to find, yet it's still quiet and calm. the room is quite clean and it's off the noisy road so you can even take a long nap during the day.

we've been here at the most hot weather.
and I'm recommending this guesthouse.
yes. it has nice air conditioner! you can sleep in the night without annoying wet-hot temperature, after hot shower.
you can order some tea in the morning-if you're lucky? maybe more.who knows.

most of all, staffs are also awesome. they're kind, humorous and warm hearted. in fact, I was sick just before I landed on KTM, and one of the youngest staff took care of my condition. although he had no conception of any medicine or something, I felt relieved by his concern.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
8  Thank 학준 김

Reviewed 5 April 2015 via mobile

Very impressed with the professional approach by all the staff members.
I booked a budget room and was surprised with a free upgrade to the family apartment as they double booked me.
Very clean, with WiFi, kettle, microwave, hot water and cable.
Definitely has jumped to the top of my list of places in Thamel.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled solo