All reviews crazy kathmandu other guests home away from home busy city beautiful garden tucked away annette lazimpat peace nepal oasis dust ktm madness
Reviewed 10 May 2015

I arrived at Tings traumatised and unbooked two days after the major earthquake hit nepal. Thomas and Annette, found space for me, fed me and cared for me above and beyond what would have been expected from any hotel. The facilties and gardens are beautiful, the food was amazing even after the earthquake, we had hot showers and wifi even though there were power cuts. The care that was shown during my time at Tings to the guests and anyone else in need, and their continued care and dedication to the restoration of Nepal is inspirational. I would recommend the Tings experience to anyone travelling in kathmandu.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 May 2015

Dear Annette & Thomas,
Thank you SO VERY much for letting me through your metal gates at 3am on 27/4 – I again apologise for waking you. Thanks also for ALL your kindnesses in the 77 hours of my stay until I was airlifted out by the Royal Australian Air Force.
I remain amazed by the amount of action, experience and inner learning that was compressed into this brief encounter – only time will tell what impact this will have on my future thoughts and actions.
I have recommended Tings Lounge Hotel to many people by highlighting several factors.
You both act with a profound sense of responsibility of care to all those who come to you to stay or for help, even more so during times of crisis such as were at hand immediately after the earthquake. You demonstrate outstanding leadership in the ways you hire and develop Nepali staff and encourage other locals of all ages to expand their potential by hanging out at your home – which also happens to be a hotel.
Those who stay at Tings also tend to reveal huge depth of character in their actions. I met foreigners who run an orphanage, who paid a Nepali child-care facility in order to work there as a volunteer, and trainers from NurseTeachReach who chose to work at the coal-face, buying medicines and micro-managing appropriate treatment to Nepalis they visited in hospital. I also met Nepalis like the one whose tweets about the situation were being followed worldwide and which will hopefully generate additional financial aid.
Throughout all of this, food was found and cooked to taste delicious, fuel was located to provide the luxuries of a shower and wifi connection with the outside world, waterproof sheets were erected for those who felt safer sleeping outside at night, and an awareness of treading lightly on this earth prevailed along with a rare sense of community, friendship and camaraderie between hosts, staff, guests and day-visitors.
I don’t know how you do it – but I am grateful to have experienced the magic you weave !
My best wishes to you and your staff, especially in the coming months of unforeseeable difficulties,
Kind regards, Nick

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Muchtravelled09
Reviewed 18 April 2015

Ah... a healthy breathing space in the midst of Kathmandu. A moment in time all yours for your keeping. Truly an experience intelligent enough to savor with conversations with fellow guests, home-cooked and homemade meals, availability of myriad of interests of reading materials (no TV), above par wifi internet connection - a must these days, upkeep of place with care for the environment in mind, headache off on security issues, though must not be taken for granted- as always, a pleasant interlude of sort from whatever activity you just had - be it Kathmandu,Thamel or somewhere else in Nepal. In totality, more than enough returns for the price one pays. You could not go wrong!

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 April 2015

Tings is a small B&B and tea lounge which provides a unique experience for a stay in Kathmandu. We found it to be an oasis of calm, a million miles from the dust and chaos of Kathmandu while actually being just a short walk from Thamel and Durbar Square. After long days of walking the city’s streets it was an absolute pleasure to return to Tings and sit in the garden or the terrace with a pot of gourmet tea from their excellent selection and feel completely refreshed.

The rooms are small and sparsely furnished, and the bathrooms are clean and basic. We stayed in the ‘Garden Queen’ room which opened up to the garden and was romantic. The breakfast was excellent - bowls of fresh fruit, fresh baked bread with great cheese, and eggs to order.

The people of Tings deserve a separate paragraph. The service here is so good that it would be difficult to choose the Radisson down the road even if it was the same price. The people are warm, friendly, efficient, and absolutely the best. They helped us with our travel arrangements, offered us welcome drinks, served us breakfast earlier than usual when we had to set off in the early hours of the morning - did everything it takes to make our stay a memorable one.

If we are ever in Kathmandu, you know where we’ll be!

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 April 2015

Tings Lounge Hotel is by far the greatest hotel experience i have ever had.. amazing staff, amazing food with the coolest atmosphere.. i would never consider staying any other place in KTM. all prices are brilliant, i would say cheap for the level of service and overall quality you get in return. i hope to stay much more at Tings Lounge Hotel in the future! in love

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled on business