All reviews the hotel manager quiet side street great hotel free airport pickup manager mr annapurna circuit breakfast buffet is clean rooms place to stay hot water no elevator thamel area the location is perfect the hustle and bustle durbar square tulsi garden
Reviewed 10 November 2018 via mobile

This nice hotel is located in a quiet alley off Thamel which allowed us to escape from the traffic and dust along the main street. A wonderfully kept clean hotel with a very nice breakfast and wifi. However the only drawback is that there is no lift.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank benjaminlG4797ZC
Reviewed 7 November 2018 via mobile

The hotel is in a great location, very central and really is a peaceful oasis to retreat to of an evening.

All the staff were friendly and wonderfully attentive.

My room was on the top floor, as I was told this floor was the most peaceful. My room was a decent size, and the bed was comfortable, but it was quite dark due to a lack of natural light. There was a tiny window, but this faced another building which is only a couple of metres away, hence the lack of light. The smell of the air freshener hanging in the room was also quite overwhelming; I believe it was there to mask the smell of the drains. The shower had two temperatures - freezing or boiling, and the handle fell off the first time I used it!

I have to admit I was also somewhat underwhelmed by the choices at breakfast. Enjoying the last couple of days of my holiday (and having had a lot of 5am starts!) I decided to sleep in and have breakfast an hour or so before the end of service, however by the time I arrived there really wasn’t much to choose from. In other hotels breakfast is continuously replenished, but most of the dishes were empty or there was just a few scraps left. Both mornings I ended up with toast and an egg. So not overly impressed with the breakfast.

The little coffee shop attached to the hotel was amazing; serving great cakes and coffee.

Oasis Kathmandu has so much potential. I know it seems my review has been very negative, especially compared to the glowing reviews beforehand, but I feel compelled to give an honest account so the management can make the necessary investments and improvements.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank babykong
Reviewed 7 November 2018 via mobile

Wonderful hotel. Staff very friendly, rooms lovely, clean and comfy. Cute balcony hangouts on each level with little view of city. Breakfast buffet great lots of choice. Great coffee shop attached also! Owner Tulsi a great guy, so accomodating, welcoming and always about the place to cater your needs or organise trips/tours/trekks. Solo female traveller, this place is a great Base!
Thank you all at Oasis, I'll be back for sure!

Trip type: Travelled solo
6  Thank Tour49834646123
TulsiBhatta, General Manager at Oasis Kathmandu Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2018

Dear Tour49834646123,

Thank you for taking out your valuable time and writing this wonderful feedback into our services on TripAdvisor. Its really heart warming for us to receive such vibrant and positive feedback of our services. We are really happy to note that you had a wonderful stay and loved the services at the hotel.

We look forward to welcome you soon and have more opportunities to enhance your experience.

Warm Regards,
Tulsi Bhatta
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 6 November 2018 via mobile

Such a great place to have as a homebase in Kathmandu. We have stayed here 4 separate times during our 5 weeks in Nepal and it has never been a disappointment. Centrally located, kind and helpful staff/management and clean rooms.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kfeldbush92213
TulsiBhatta, Manager at Oasis Kathmandu Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2018

Dear GoPlaces31841593272,

Namaste !

Thank you so much for your review. We are so happy to hear that you found our staffs helpful. We always make sure to make our customer to feel like at home. We always look forward in giving much more improved services to our customers.
You are always welcome.
We hope to see you again.

Thanks & Best Regards,
Oasis Kathmandu Hotel Team

Reviewed 5 November 2018 via mobile

We are travelling to Nepal with group of 4. We choose Oasis Kathmandu because it is in Thamel area. The hotel is very cozy and close to activities such as shopping area and restaurant. The Manager, Tulsi is very helpful. He arranged our tour in Kathmandu and Pokhara as well. We have no complaint at all, the car and the driver, Ramu is excellent, very helpful during our trip in Pokhara. I would recommend Oasis Kathmandu, Tulsi and all of his staff will make your stay comfortable.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
5  Thank mirandajkt

Dear mirandajkt,

Thank you for taking your valuable time to provide feed back on your stay. We are delighted to know that the team and the features of our hotel impressed you. We are glad to know that we succeeded in creating a comfortable stay for you in our hotel.

We would love to have you back soon.

Best Regards,