All reviews the hotel manager quiet side street great hotel manager mr recommend staying here free airport pickup annapurna circuit breakfast buffet is clean rooms place to stay hot water thamel area the location is perfect the hustle and bustle tulsi garden trek
Reviewed 24 July 2018 via mobile

I have just spent 5 days in Kathmandu staying at the Oasis Kathmandu Hotel. I chose to stay at the Oasis because of reviews I read and I have not been disappointed. From the moment I arrived at the hotel I have been treated with extreme warmth and hospitality. All the staff are so friendly and helpful. The hotel and my room were extremely clean and the bathroom appears to have recently been renovated. The location is great, within walking distance of Thamel. I cannot recommend the Oasis Kathmandu Hotel highly enough.

Trip type: Travelled solo
4  Thank j0yr0chf0rd
Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

The hotel deserves highest praise in all aspects, including an excellent price-performance ratio. The manager, Mr. Tulsi Bhatta, takes personally very good care of his guests in a professional and pleasant manner, and so does the entire staff. The Oasis is well situated (nearby Thamel, but nevertheless quiet) and very well maintained. Its own restaurant, with tables inside and outside, offers delicious meals and local specialities. Furthermore, all kinds of nice coffees are available in the interior coffee shop. We spent totally 8 nights at the Oasis Hotel, of which 4 at the beginning and 4 at the end of our journey, and we had a very good time there. We highly recommend to stay at the Oasis Hotel.

Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank barbabam66
Reviewed 23 July 2018

This hotel is like my second home. This is my fifth visit to Nepal, and whenever i come i stay in this hotel. The staffs are so helpful like family members, specially the manager Mr. Tulsi and the restaurant staff Mr. Bishnu apart from these two rest others also are very helpful with any request. It is in a good location and the rooms are so clean and awesome. Overall it's an amazing hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
4  Thank JintoJ29
Reviewed 20 July 2018

It's a great hotel in Kathmandu - good location and friendly staff. However, we got ripped off by the manager (who, no doubt will respond to this review as he does all reviews and argue these points). The large room we booked was broken by a previous guest so, graciously, we were given 2 rooms to compensate. However, we were forced to pay for the two rooms and they did not honor the price we were given for the original room booked online months in advance. I was told several times how the extra $25 per night is nothing to me as a westerner, but is so much to Nepalese and if I didn't pay the rate of the 2 rooms, the manager would have to pay out of his own pocket.

More importantly, do not book your trek through the hotel!! While the guide and service during the trek is good, they will work to take as much money from you as possible before and after the trek. I was considerably overcharged for food & accommodation and had to work very hard to receive the refund promised and was questioned and intimidated every step of the way. Again, I was told the refund would have to come personally from the Manager as he pulled large stacks of $100 bills out of his briefcase to count out money in $1 bills and how, as a westerner, the money was not as valuable to me as it was to him or Nepalese tourism. Also, apparently, I am the first person ever to have any issues with what was charged for the trek (another guilt tactic). If that's true, this should be the only negative review regarding the management or Third Rock Adventures and I must be the first difficult guest and foreigner they have ever encountered. For the record, this is the first time I have been accused of being difficult as a guest and do not like giving bad reviews. I work in hospitality and understand the ins and outs of working in hotels and tourism. It would have been fine if, after returning from the trek, I was given the refund without the one hour guilt trip and the three attempts to talk to my wife and try and guilt her as well.

On a final note, a large bar/club was getting ready to open right across the street. Hopefully, this will not cause disturbances in the rooms at night. I'm sure future reviews will mention whether or not this becomes a problem.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
5  Thank pigfrog0950
SujanPanta, Guest Relations Manager at Oasis Kathmandu Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2018

Dear pigfrog0950,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Oasis Kathmandu Hotel. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the experience you had while you were with us. It is always our goal to exceed our guests' expectations and it appears as though we fell short of that during your visit.

First, let me apologize for not getting you the room you have booked. Please know that we do take guest room requests seriously and we apologize because the room we specifically picked for you was broken by the previous guests.

We are extremely alarmed by your statement regarding your feedback about the manager. We take these situations very seriously indeed. We will inquire your issue with the manager and we will take necessary actions immediately. We have sent your feedback to the personnel concerned.

We apologize for this bad experience you’ve had. This is very disappointing to hear, but we hope you give us another chance to make it up to you. It is always our goal to exceed our guests' expectations and we hope you will give us the chance to redeem ourselves.

Thank you, again, for your review and we look forward to seeing you again for a better experience.

Kind Regards,
Oasis Kathmandu Hotel

Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

The staff were incredibly helpful with any request, including going to the market to find something for us that we couldn’t find ourselves. It was clean, had great WiFi connection, and it felt generally homey. I would stay here again in a heartbeat, and it was very affordable!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Lily M
TulsiBhatta, Manager at Oasis Kathmandu Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2018

Dear Lily M,

Thank you for your stay with us and for sharing your experience with other travelers. We are pleased to read that you liked our hotel and it's services. Also we are glad that you found our hospitality good. We appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel. We do take pride in catering to our guests' needs the best way we can.

We are delighted to hear such positive comments from you. We will continue to work hard to present a great hotel so that guests can really feel like staying at their home.

We again would like to welcome you in our hotel in near future.

Warm Regards,