All reviews hot shower rooms are clean nepali tea hotel located stayed here for nights nice room thamel area heart wifi guesthouse taxi trek rooftop
Reviewed 2 March 2016

After booking a 10 day trekking trip, this guest house was included in that package. I stayed for two nights before I went, but when I returned to Kathmandu there was no question about returning to Shree Tibet, so I stayed for two more days until I left Nepal.

The rooms are basic but very clean, hot showers, a roof terrace for drying clothes and wifi available all day. The beds are comfortable and and location in Thamel is great for bars/restaurants and shops.The reception staff are very friendly and remembered me when I returned after my trek (nice I thought!). The breakfast is standard but tasty, and the staff are attentive and courteous.

Dharma Lamichhane was absolutely super, always taking care of me and organising with the hotel, Yaka Simkhada also. The mentality is when you come to Shree Tibet, you are treated not as a guest, but as family and that certainly was the case. Thank you Shree Tibet, you made my time in Nepal great!

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 February 2016 via mobile

It is budget guest house but very good location with very nice staff and good room with hot shower. It is center of Thamel and many shopping center near by guest house. I bought a package to to 10 days trekking from hotel travel desk and it was super service. Guide speak English and many information about mountain, culture and people. I am sure I will be back again and book another trekking from here.

Stayed: January 2016
Reviewed 13 February 2016 via mobile

We stayed here for 1 night. Since it was end of our tour and it was last day in Nepal we were looking for a budget hotel. We booked this hotel for USD 12 for a night. We weren't expecting much from this hotel but to our surprise, room was in very good condition. The room was okay. They provide high speed wifi, hot water, small TV, clean bedsheets, comfortable king size bed. Location is good. If you are looking for a budget hotel, you can't get a better one than this.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 February 2016 via mobile

This place is a wonderful place to stay. I arrived late and I was confused and hungry.
The staff made me dinner and told me about the city.
It's very close to the main stuff to see en Kathmandu.
Every time I got home the staff always asked me how my trip was. I like staff who actually care. And here is the place to find them.

Stayed: March 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 January 2016

We enjoyed our stay in this guest house, which we stayed at at the end of our visit to Nepal. After a poor experience at a Thamel hotel at the start of our trip, we were very wary of where we booked. When we returned to Thamel post-trekking, we looked around a lot to find a hotel that didn't have a musty smell, and this guest house fit the bill. The room was clean and fresh, and the price was right.

We sprung for a room that had a fan in it, and also a TV. The only reason I left 4 stars instead of 5 is because the hot shower was more lukewarm for the majority of our 3 night stay, and the wifi cut out at high-volume hours at night.

However, the beds were comfortable, the room was clean and fresh, and the service was great. The front desk helped us to arrange a taxi to the airport on the day of a fuel strike, which gave us great peace of mind. The location right in the heart of Thamel was perfect, with dining and shopping close-by.

Room Tip: Go to the hotel and ask to see a couple of room types so that you can choose which type best fits your needs.
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple