“Fun!”

The Cafe With No Name
Ranked #40 of 901 Restaurants in Kathmandu
Price range: US$2 - US$4
Description: Best organic coffee, loose leaf and fruit teas, wine, craft beer, ale/IPA, organic salads, open sandwiches, paninis, amazing cakes and snacks. Live music and open mic nights. All profits are going towards Our Sansar, a charity supporting street children in Nepal.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Really cool bar with nice drinks and awesome music. Worth a stop after dinner/ sightseeing / Thamel shopping.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

In the bustling centre of Thamel you'll find this hidden gem in a tiny alley just around the corner from KC´s Restaurant. They serve organic teas, coffee and cold drinks and have nice menu for both pastries and mostly vegetarian foods. Part of their profit is donated for social development projects which adds a dimension to your purchase of services and they also have regular live music entertainment acts. A very nice and quiet hang out when you need a break from then pulse of Thamel!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The drinks are excellent, very very nice staff they just let you be comfortable, food- its a little over there for me, given that it is not that yum however, since the profit goes to a good cause, I don't really complain. I went there all the time and it was alll for that great atmosphere however, I have stopped going there because the restaurant next door is just such a mood killer. I do not know why this cafe does not complain. There music is super loud, the people are even more loud. ohh well.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

This cafe is amazing!! ALL (100%) profits go toward helping street children projects in Nepal. Just discovered it in my last week of travel but I’m making a conscious effort to eat as many meals here as possible! Very much regret that I was visiting Himalayan Java for good wifi and coffee when I could have been here in a better environment and supporting a great cause.

I’ve just had my muesli here 3 days in a row for 275 rupees. The muesli with fruit and yogurt is actually the best I’ve had so far in Nepal! The coffee is also great. The wifi is incredibly faster than any I’ve found anywhere in the past two months as well. Staff and atmosphere are lovely. Haven’t come for drinks at night time yet but it seems that they serve top notch beers (on tap) and spirits in a very cozy space. Can’t wait to bring my friends here for drinks!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Myself and friends regularly go to cafe no name on a Friday evening for a relaxed and chilled out drink. We are always met with a warm welcome and entertained by Rabi who is the greatest dancer in Kathmandu. There is a great variety of drinks and food and staff are always very willing to help and advise on where to go and things to do.
The premise behind cafe no name shows great responsible tourism and lets us enjoy ourselves whilst knowing all profits go to an organisation that helps educate children on the street.