“Best food I had i Kathmandu”

Dechenling Beer House
Ranked #47 of 901 Restaurants in Kathmandu
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 21 April 2018

Obviously I have not eaten at every restaurant in Kathmandu; there are thousands. I do have to say, however this restaurant I would (and did) go back to over and over again. Not a bite was taken that wasn't spectacular.

Went there on the first night at the recommendation of our Hotel manager. It was convenient that it was just down the lane but he told us it was great food and service.
as well. Not knowing much, if anything, of traditional Tibetan, or Bhutanese food we asked our waiter to basically order for us having given him a few parameters. Everything he brought, and he gave us plenty of small sample dishes to try, was beyond amazing. From pork to chicken to momos to hot & sour soup to Tandoori ... it was rich and spicy and delectable. As well as the food being incredible, the setting is absolutely stunning. An oasis of a garden with fountains and different dining areas so close and yet so seemingly distant from one of the craziest, chaotic areas of the City. It is so peaceful and serene. We did try other restaurants over our 5 days in Kathmandu before our EBC trek but we ended up here on 3 nights. After the trek I stayed on for an additional 5 days and even though I was at another hotel on the far side of Thamel I came back here on 2 additional occasions. As much as the food was so delicious I have to add that our server, Rabin, was the best server I have ever had anywhere, anytime. He brought surprise dishes for us (me) to try, he was patient and he understood everything I wanted in food and delivered it without me even knowing for sure what I ordered. He was far beyond amazing and was a huge part of why I kept returning.

The restaurant may be a little out of the way but in my opinion it is definitely worth looking for and experiencing. Great food in a spectacular and relaxing setting with the best service you can imagine. Find it when in Kathmandu.

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

We went out with our tour group to this restaurant. It was warm, welcoming, and wonderful food. The service was good. Toilets were reasonable. They serve vegetarian and nonvegetarian food. The waitstaff walked us through how to eat to Tibetan food.

Reviewed 28 February 2018

A restaurant with quite good food and momos... after a long day in dusty Kathmandu, this restaurant with quite a long history serves good food, good momo's and a relaxing garden.
Also a afternoon in the sun with a book si a nice option!

Reviewed 13 February 2018 via mobile

Ate here on our first night in Kathmandu after a long flight. Decided to sit outside and the staff lit a nice fire for us to sit around. Ordered starters, mains and drinks, everything was delicious and filling. A little quiet on a Saturday night but with a large group is a great place to chill and sit by the fire.

Reviewed 5 February 2018

Could be the best Tibetan restaurant in Kathmandu - certainly a fantastic bevy of Tibetan dishes. Great relaxed garden atmosphere as well. Try the Shabalay (meat bread)!