“First-hand experience of Nepali culture!”
Review of Bhojan Griha

Bhojan Griha
Ranked #72 of 973 Restaurants in Kathmandu
Price range: US$20 - US$20
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Warm Greetings from Bhojan Griha! First of all, I would like to take the opportunity to introduce ourselves as Bhojan Griha, pioneer in Authentic Nepali Cuisine Restaurant, nestled at Dillibazar, Kathmandu. The building dates back over 100 years which used to be the palace of former royal priest. Now, we would like to invite you for the royal dining experience. I am sure your experience at Bhojan Griha will be a memorable one, as you will not only get to dine here. In fact, you will have a collective experience of authentic Nepali food with live cultural dances in a restored ethnic ambiance. We all are aware about the contamination on food, water and air these days. Taking this into consideration, we are committed to maintain hygiene at any cost which is why most of the food we use are Organic. Come and have dining experience. I am wondering to have a good relationship with you and your organization and hope this will bring about the win-win scenario for both of us in days to come.
Reviewed 3 October 2018

I've been to this restaurant many a times with my foreigner friends and whenever my friends visit Kathmandu, I take them to this place. This time when my friend from India was here, we went there once again. And let me tell you, the visit was worth every penny! My friend loved the ethnic Nepali food and rice wine served here. Besides, he was dancing to the tunes of Nepali folk music together with the dancers performing dances from different parts of Nepal! A must-visit place if you want to peek into Nepali culture!

Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

Very interesting historical building. It would have been interesting to have had a tour. Sitting on cushions at a low table maybe uncomfortable for some people. The music, dancing and costumes were excellent. A set menu but vegetarian was catered for. Lassi drink cost 300 NRP but uncertain about the meal cost since I was taken as a guest.

Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

We spent our last evening in Nepal at this beautiful place, enjoying the evening meal and show.
Great! This was the perfect way to end a beautiful holiday with our family.
Excellent food, friendly service, beautiful music and dancing in the decor of a nicely renovated minicastle.
Show starts early in the evening. Don't underestimate the time necessary to get there (traffic jams).

Reviewed 7 July 2018

Took my office colleagues from abroad for an evening. The cultural programme was interesting with many dances from a variety of ethnic tribes. The Nepali rakshi tasted nice and potent. The entrees of moms, mustang aloo was delicious and the Nepali thali was decent. Try and stick to the local rakshi or beer. Wine is on the higher side so suggest to arrange corkage in advance if you need to have it.

Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

Bhojan Griha is not really just a place to eat! It’s actually a centre of culture, mixing the culinary, music, artifacts, and dance arts!
Not only is the food very authentic and tasty, but the team there bring to you a genuine Himalayan experience. If you have only time for one meal in this erstwhile mountain kingdom, you MUST HAVE IT HERE!