Review Highlights
Overland tour

It was areat tour, with a nice scenery. A very pleasant getaway close to the city. The resort for... read more

Reviewed 1 February 2020
Companion598618
What a wonderful experience!!

Great tour guides and we were treated very well during the bike rides and the staff was lovely and... read more

Reviewed 8 August 2019
Alidri B
Uganda

See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

I thoroughly recommend this trip to anyone who wants to experience the beautiful countryside of Uganda in the best way possible with the most amazing group of cyclists as guides. The boys kept us safe, well fe, watered and happy for the whole day, and helped us achieve a 25km cycle with a group of 7 which included a 6 year old and a 70 year old. Totally amazing day. Give them a go!

Date of experience: May 2018
Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

Group of 9 went on a cycling tour around Kampala city with Go Free Uganda. Very enjoyable, the two tour guides always made sure of our safety, and were very nice. Great fun for all!

Date of experience: October 2017
1  Thank Miriam R
Reviewed 23 July 2017

I was travelling alone and this trip was fabulous. I had 2 guides and we cycled through small hamlets to the harbour, took a boat with our bikes over Lake Victoria and then cycled right over the peninsula through all the villages and countryside. It was not really hard cycling and they paced it perfectly for me looking after my safety at all times and carrying my water. It was lovey countryside and peaceful dirt road with no traffic on it. We had a lovely lunch in a wildlife lodge when our destination was reached and then I was taken on a boat through the swamp seeing Kingfishers, dragon flies, otters etc and we then cycled back. Easy pace, great trip really recommend to all who want to see the country at a relaxed pace!

Date of experience: July 2017
1  Thank ejritchie
Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

Nice journey, lovely destination, a lot of fun and really nice guys! Highly recommended. Enjoy the trip.

Date of experience: July 2017
1  Thank Joep K
Reviewed 15 February 2017

I had a great day out with Go free uganda. I had an excellent guide - Bob who kept at my pace and was great company throughout the day (I ended up going on this tour alone so it was great that they were able to cater to just one!)

I really enjoyed passing through the local villages. The local children came out to wave at the passing 'mzungu' which was fun.

I didn't expect the tour to be quite so long but it was great that it was - the destination has a pool overlooking the lake, and has nice food and a good place to relax and take a break after cycling a while!

The cycle is bumpy, but it is Uganda so perfect roads are not to be expected, although do expect to be sore at the end of this!

The starting point, the flock of birds, which is a social enterprise that supports local artists is also really interesting to look round and has some cool souveniers etc!

Date of experience: January 2017