Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
ZenHotels.com
R 4 922
All reviews lakes restaurant the pearl wonderful hotel room service business trip breakfast buffet main restaurant comfortable rooms entebbe airport enjoyed my stay spa africa explorer security environment
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 November 2011

After a one hour trip to the hotel, you are given a very warm welcome and are dealt with very efficiently and quickly. The basic rooms are excellent and I give the hotel 10 stars for the best pillows in Africa! I have stayed at the hotel 5 times over the past 4 years and have always found it a great place to stay. Central location for all of my meetings. The prices have risen a little more steeply that I would have preferred and the place is now higher in price than my budget allows, but still a lovely place, good ambiance and a great breakfast for th business traveller.

Date of stay: February 2011
Reviewed 22 October 2011

If not the best hotel in East Africa, certainly the top business hotel in Kampala. The staff is very friendly, courteous, helpful. The main restaurant, Lakes, has a wide choice of food, always excellent, expecialy breakfast.
The rooms are spacious with all modern amenities you would expect from a Five-Star hotel, which this one deserves. If you can, ask for a room facing the front (ie pool); rooms facing the back of the hotel, face the Imperial Hotel in the back... not so nice.
Pool area , fitness center are just amazing... Do not miss tea time ...very worthwhile, you won't need to have dinner...

Room tip: Ask for room facing the front, facing the pool or the garden. Ask for an upgrade, they are slightly larger but regular rooms are fine.
Date of stay: July 2011
1  Thank GEMC_NINE_NINE
Reviewed 22 October 2011

Nice clean hotel, charming setting, safe and secluded from the bustle of the city. Food and service is adequate, though nothing to rave about.

Date of stay: September 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 October 2011

Of the three hotels I stayed in on my recent trip to East Africa, the Serena was by far the best. The hotel is situated on what must be a five-acre compound filled with flowers, lagoons, high-arching palms, and a beautiful pool. The hotel gym is enormous and well-appointed. Service was fantastic, with the staff extremely welcoming and very helpful. I was only able to stay one night, but wish I could have spent more time there! Great location in central Kampala, which is, itself, a nice city.

Date of stay: October 2011
2  Thank mahlerific
Reviewed 9 October 2011

Very comfortable and well-furnished hotel in Kampala - clearly the nicest of the many I have stayed in here. Rooms are tastefully furnished, large, clean and quiet. Food is extraordinary, if not too abundant, and service is terrific. Wonderful gym and pool. Only downside is the absolutely glacial internet.

Room tip: Rooms with even numbers overlook a quiet alley, rooms with odd numbers have a nicer view of city but also are over a pond with some of the loudest frogs I've ever heard.
Date of stay: October 2011