Lowest prices for your stay
R 5 648
mahlerific
mahlerific

Fantastic hotel and grounds

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 11 Oct 2011
Of the three hotels I stayed in on my recent trip to East Africa, the Serena was by far the best. The hotel is situated on what must be a five-acre compound filled with flowers, lagoons, high-arching palms, and a beautiful pool. The hotel gym is enormous and well-appointed. Service was fantastic, with the staff extremely welcoming and very helpful. I was only able to stay one night, but wish I could have spent more time there! Great location in central Kampala, which is, itself, a nice city.
Date of stay: October 2011
    R 655
  • Trip.com
9.8 km from Kampala Serena Hotel
View more hotels in Kampala
All reviews lakes restaurant the pearl wonderful hotel room service business trip breakfast buffet main restaurant comfortable rooms entebbe airport enjoyed my stay spa africa explorer security environment
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 October 2011

Very comfortable and well-furnished hotel in Kampala - clearly the nicest of the many I have stayed in here. Rooms are tastefully furnished, large, clean and quiet. Food is extraordinary, if not too abundant, and service is terrific. Wonderful gym and pool. Only downside is the absolutely glacial internet.

Room tip: Rooms with even numbers overlook a quiet alley, rooms with odd numbers have a nicer view of city but also are over a pond with some of the loudest frogs I've ever heard.
Date of stay: October 2011
2  Thank bugdocsea
Reviewed 15 September 2011

One of the nicest hotels I've ever stayed in, and I travel a lot. Beautiful art decorates the lobby and hallways. Great staff. Excellent food. Lots of choices for food and different settings. Great pool. What more can I say? Yes, it is expensive, but you get what you pay for.

Date of stay: September 2011
Reviewed 28 August 2011

This was my first stay in the Serena Hotel Kampala, but it is not going to be my last! The price of room service is very reasonable and food plentiful. The bathrooms and the rooms are spotless clean. More importantly, the personel is friendly, courteous and very effective. From the cleaning ladies, to the operators, the restaurant staff, at the reception...they all seem to enjoy doing their work and they seem to have boundless energy and enthusiasm to do it.
I strongly recommend this hotel if you come to Uganda
Dr. Jules Millogo

Date of stay: August 2011
Reviewed 22 August 2011

Loved my stay at this hotel. The room service was seamless and within reasonable time.
Room are spacious only downside was the super slow free WIFI.

Date of stay: June 2011
Reviewed 29 July 2011

This was my second stay here for business purposes, and it exceeded all expectations, if anything it was better than the last time I stayed.

Perfect for business arrangements, impeccable service and lots of attention to detail.

It sets the standard for hotels in Uganda, East Africa and overall.

If you are ever looking to be spoilt then this is the place to stay in

Room tip: Ask for a higher floor
Date of stay: July 2011