Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Waytob
Nairobi, Kenya

A class apart

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 29 Jul 2011
This was my second stay here for business purposes, and it exceeded all expectations, if anything it was better than the last time I stayed.

Perfect for business arrangements, impeccable service and lots of attention to detail.

It sets the standard for hotels in Uganda, East Africa and overall.

If you are ever looking to be spoilt then this is the place to stay in
Date of stay: July 2011
Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor
Trip type: Travelled on business
Go to your Happy Price
    R 1 117
3.2 km from Kampala Serena Hotel
View more hotels in Kampala
All reviews lakes restaurant the pearl wonderful hotel room service business trip breakfast buffet main restaurant comfortable rooms entebbe airport enjoyed my stay spa africa explorer security environment
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 July 2011

I loved my stay at the Kampala Serena. I was there on a business trip. Enjoyed everything from the buffet breakfast to the spacious room and bathroom. My bed was comfortable and I had a wonderful view from the terrace. There is a nice gift shop on the main floor and the customer service is very good. I would love to stay here again if I ever have the change to visit Uganda on another business trip.

Date of stay: January 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 18 July 2011

I am a travel agent and have visited so many hotels and places in the world but this is the best hotel ever..I can truly say that everything about this hotel is amazing,the hospitality,the staff,the food,the accomodation.We were staying there for a few days for a very special occassion and i can truly say that everything i wanted was fulfilled.The Spa was great and the staf in there could not do anymore.
It has amazing restaurants and the one upstairs with the piano is just fabulous.Its a short distance into the main city of Kampala with unimaginable grounds.

I am definetly visiting Kampala soon and what better than to stay at the Sareena Hotel-------Jamilla.Govani.

Date of stay: July 2011
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank jamie058
Reviewed 11 July 2011

I was here on a business trip and usually stay in Serenas when I can. I found it much better kept in general than the Serena in Nairobi and the gym and pool are sensational. It is also well placed for meetings downtown or with government officials at the various ministries.

One problem was the wi-fi connection in my room hardly worked at all and when I asked for a cable to get an ethernet connection I was told they had none. The connection in the business center was very fast so this does not make sense. Get this fixed and it is an excellent option for a business trip to Kampala.

Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank mpk17
Reviewed 9 July 2011

Stayed here at beginning and end of trip to Uganda/Rwanda for gorilla trekking. It truly was an oasis of tranquility in one of the most chaotic cities I've been too. The hotel standard, levels of service and quality of food were excellent and I particularly recommend the dinner buffet. Pool is amazing. Not cheap but you'll be wishing for that quality after some hard mountain climbing.

Room tip: Book through a local agent to get best prices
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Oliver S
Reviewed 13 June 2011

I have traveled extensively throughout Africa, and I must say that this hotel is one of the best, if not the best. What makes me say that is the staff - I have not experienced more pleasant hotel staff in all of Africa! Wow.

The rooms are very comfortable, and well furnished. There was some problem with water one or two nights, but it was resolved.

Breakfast buffet is outstanding. Good selection of hot and cold food. Really pleasant to sit outside and have your coffee in the morning.

The bar overlooking the pond was also very nice. Cold beer and excellent peanuts and cashews. Again, service with a smile.

There is free wifi, but it can be iffy in your room. You can plug in your notebook into the ethernet jack and all is fine. Good wifi in the common areas.

If I am going on and on about this hotel, it is because I was truly impressed. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room tip: Ask for rooms facing in towards the pond/garden
Date of stay: June 2011