Hotel Terminus
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
  • Pool
  • Pool
All reviewsstar hotelwould definitely stay here againrestaurants and shopstv channelsstar qualitypiri pirisafe areathree starcentral locationpool areathe ground floornice breakfastthree nightsrecommend this hotelbusiness tripwi fifacilities
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 March 2017

When researching for places to stay in Maputo I struggled to find a reasonably priced place to stay in the heart of the city. Hotel Terminus surpassed all of our expectations.

I traveled with a good friend of mine from Johannesburg for the weekend (but we are originally Canadian).

The rooms are nothing to rave about but they offer absolutely everything that you need: hot and reliable showers, great air conditioning, comfortable beds and they are very clean.

The front desk team was very helpful.

The location is amazing, we managed to visit all of the main attractions by foot - the iconic train station, the boardwalk, the Polana, the market etc. Even their hotel bar was cool, a lot of locals use it as a hang out spot so we had an opportunity to have some interesting chats and they even had live music featuring a really talented Brazilian artist.

The pool was sensational. It was 37 degrees in Maputo when we visited (not taking into account the heavy humidity) so we spent a lot of time trying to cool down in the warm, but temperate pool.

The only drawback was that the breakfast was very average (maybe even below). Strange given the otherwise large array of amazing food in the surrounding area.

If you love Portuguese style chicken (and prawns) please make sure to check out Piri Piri around the corner, it is amazing! Other restaurants and bars worth visiting are: Nossa Tasca, the Tree House and Dhow Bar.

Also please visit the artists co-op at Nucleo de Arte, on Sundays the adjacent bar turns into a scene!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Zorana A
Reviewed 17 February 2017 via mobile

I was here for three nights on a business trip in January. The rooms are spacious and clean. The breakfast had a reasonable variety. The hotel is very central with the cafes and resturant within a few minutes walk. I'll definitely come here again.

Stayed: February 2017
Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

Modern, reasonably elegant hotel with a good restaurant and great swimming pool. Excellent TV options, AC, Wifi service and bathroom. Lots of nearby restaurants and close to downtown business district.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank dmcnslt
Reviewed 9 February 2017

This is a very nice modern hotel. It was great to have the pool after a long flight .We were collected from the Airport which is great when you arrive in a new City. There is a nice indoor/outdoor restaurant or you can eat by the pool. Food was good and a nice introduction to Mozambique.The staff were helpful and spoke English. The breakfast was not to my taste but there was nice fruit. I would definitely stay here again when back in Maputo,

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Mariea064
Reviewed 1 January 2017 via mobile

I was pleasantly surprised at the service and general standards of quality at the hotel.

The staff are polite and go out of their way to assist.
As a solo traveller I preferred the proximity of the hotel to various sights of attraction and being very central I could conduct all my explorations on foot (which is how I prefer it!)

The only thing that could be improved on is the breakfast menu...no bacon!?

Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo