“Cultural food tour”
Review of My Moris

My Moris
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Discover the heart of Port-Louis and Mauritius' culture and history through unusual and fun itineraries off the beaten track, along with expert guides.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Wonderful tour. The food we sampled were delicious and the tour was very informative and fun. Highly recommend

Shakti C, Owner at My Moris, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2018

Thank you for recommending our cultural tours Berta! We hope to see you again one day!

All reviews
"mauritian culture"
in 3 reviews
"real mauritius"

Reviewed 21 June 2018

Having just arrived on holiday in Mauritius, we were keen to understand the country's history, ethnic origins and developments, and culture, as well as to try some local foods. We highly recommend My Moris street food tour to you as a way to achieve this. We are travelling on a tight budget so thought long and hard about booking but we are so glad we went with this tour.
Why did we like it?
- a well informed, enthusiastic and personable guide who was always happy to answer questions and provided a brilliant overview of the history and development of Mauritius to set the context at the start of the tour
- a small group size - a maximum of 6 people means you can hear, taste, and experience everything
- a good tour length (about 3 -3.5 hours) and a good mix of walking and sitting
- some really interesting food stops that we wouldn't have discovered on our own: this tour is something that you couldn't do without a guide
- a variety of foods to taste and by the end of it we had had plenty to eat
- interesting places and facts along the way: we enjoyed our guide pointing out aspects of the architecture etc that we otherwise wouldn't have known
- separate tours available in different languages: our guide didn't have to spend half the time translating into another language even though she was bilingual
- as someone who has dietary constraints (gluten free) I particularly appreciated the effort Yianna went to so that I could eat gluten free options and learn what street food I'll safely be able to eat for the rest of my holiday in Mauritius
- we liked the philosophy of the business - see the 'About Us' section on the Mymoris website - and by going with MyMoris we know we are contributing back to the local community
- efficient organisation/administration - before booking on the tour Shakti (one of the two founders) answered a number of my questions promptly and helpfully and it was an easy process to book.
The founders have clearly spent a lot of time developing content for this tour and based on our experience with this tour, we have decided to also book another MyMoris tour.

Shakti C, Owner at My Moris, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2018

It means a lot to us when people notice all the big and small efforts we make to ensure they enjoy the best experience ever in Port-Louis. Our whole team cannot thank you enough for your appreciative (and detailed) review!

Reviewed 11 June 2018

This tour brought us to places that we would never have been able to discover on our own, or get access to, such as a sugar warehouse. Our guides were deeply knowledgeable about their subject and willing to answer questions. Very interesting tour.

Shakti C, Owner at My Moris, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Thank you! Opening Mauritian doors (that are usually closed), that's one of the reasons why we created my Moris!

Reviewed 8 June 2018

Very much enjoyed our learning experience in Port Louis. Nice to get off the beach and learn something of the destination. My Moris was a great way of doing that. Our guides did a great job of both engaging with my wife and I as information-hungry adults and simultaneously with our kids, who sought more a active experience with games and diversions. Not easy to balance those two audiences within a family.

Shakti C, Owner at My Moris, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Thank you, we are delighted that your whole family enjoyed our cultural tour. Adapting the experience and content to your audience is a delicate art indeed!

See more reviews
Reviewed 1 May 2018

If you’re on holiday in Mauritius, then make time to do this tour! It’s such a great way to find out about the very diverse cultures that have influenced the street food of this lovely island. Your guided around some parts of Port Louis that you would otherwise ignore or miss; with stops as you go round to enjoy excellent street food, Our guides were so friendly and extremely informative; conducting the tour in a happy & relaxed way. We would thoroughly recommend this tour as a great addition to your holiday.

Shakti C, Owner at My Moris, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Thank you Sarah! We love meeting curious travellers who enjoy leaving their resorts and better understand the history and cultural diversity of Mauritius.