All reviews free mini bar pleasant hotel buffet breakfast business trip central location wifi service swimming pool business traveler room rate late check africa driver countries minibar
Reviewed 5 October 2018 via mobile

This is one of the best hotel in Accra and will definitely be always at Accra City for all my future business trips to Accra.
The rooms are very clean with a free mini bar, a free telephone etc. They have a very delicious buffet with so much options.
The staff was very cool and they have a guest relationship manager who helps you to really feel like home.

Abdou

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
Guest R, Guest Relations Manager at Accra City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2018

Dear Abdoudior,

Thank you for making us your preferred choice upon your stay in Accra. We are glad anytime we read our guests’ feedback and realise they left with a positive impression about us. It is a priority for us to make sure we go beyond our guests’ expectations and making the hotel home away from home and as such, providing a complimentary mini bar and the handy mobile for free calls which contributes to making a comfortable stay. We are also happy for commending our food served at our buffet and our staff for their customer service delivery during your time here.

We appreciate you for choosing us and we await your next visit.

Reviewed 5 October 2018

My stay in Accra City Hotel has always been pleasant. The facility is best and conveniently situated. The rooms are very clean, staff are friendly and professional, the services are great and the foods are delicious.

Travelers/readers of this review are highly recommended to stay at Accra City Hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet with 24/7 A/C, free international calling on an expensive hotel own guest cell phone
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business

Dear Gus S,

It is always with great pleasure to read positive feedback from our guests after their stay with us. We are happy to know that your stay was pleasant as always. Also, thank you for the lovely comments mentioned about our facility, room, location, food and the customer service experience you received from our staff.

Once more, we appreciate you for making time to share this wonderful feedback after your experience with us and look forward to welcoming you again upon your next visit.

Reviewed 1 October 2018

Very conveniently located, super clean, good ambience, delicious meals! The staff are helpful. Surprisingly, the mini-bar items in the room are completely free and they even have a mobile set you can carry outside the hotel, also free for use!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Guest R, Guest Relations Manager at Accra City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2018

Dear David,

We are pleased to read these satisfying feedback after your stay with us. We are happy to know how much our location was very convenient for you and in addition, your compliments about our cleanliness, ambience, meals and staff. It is with high importance that we do our best to make sure that we go beyond our guests' satisfaction and as such providing the complimentary mini bar and handy mobile device for free local calls and also to some selected international countries of which you have spoken well of.

We are grateful for making us your preferred choice and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 2 August 2018

Accra City Hotel really tikked all the boxes for a good hotel for me, I really didn't regret the decision to stay there. The location is very good, at an upmarket part of Accra and a bisniess district. I was having business at the Movenpick and I was amazed at the convenience and proximity. I walked six minutes to and fro. The hotel is clean, with open spaces at the reception areas. The ambience is trully warm and settling. The facilities are good. I would now and again have a cup of cappucino and or coconut cocktails at the bar downstairs. The bar has marvellous relaxing spaces and comfortable couches. We actually watched the final match of the FiFA World Cup from there. They have big tv screens.

The room itself has a comfortable bed, two regular pillow cases and two bigger ones. It is sufficiently spacious and the lighting is good with a master switch next to the bed. I liked the modern shower and its cleanliness. The complimentary mini bar is a nice touch that reminds you that business can achieve a lot with a little bit of a human touch. Cleanliness is big at Accra City. I enjoyed the fitness Centre every morning. It is well equipped with modern machines - cardio and weights. Well stocked with water and towels.

Service was good. They washed my shirt and ironed it and still didn't expect to be paid! There were two things that I did not like and I urge them to correct these: I arrived at the airport on SAA at around 11pm. Despite various promises that had been made to me in writing that I will be collected from the airport, there was nobody to fetch me from the airport. I found myself travelling with a taximan in the middle of the night and without the comfort and convenience of being specifically collected by your hotel. On arriving at the hotel, to their credit, they took the bill such that there was never any financial exchange between me and my taxi driver. But a promise had been broken and despite my insistance that they should give me a plausible explanaination for this omission, none was forthcoming. The second issue was the room phone, a gadget that looks like a cellphone that they promise the guest will call anywhere for free. That thing is restricted to only a handful of countries in the world and it's of no value for most guests who come from the rest of the world. Talk of an over promise and under delivery! They need to fix that. Otherwise they are good people, willing and able to serve. They are even ISO certified and it shows. Next time I am in Accra I will stay at this hotel unless I am in the mood and the right budget for a serious upgrade to the nearby Movenpick.

Room Tip: rooms facing the pool and the movenpick offer best views
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank sabelo d
Guest R, Guest Relations Manager at Accra City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2018

Dear Sabelo D,

Your feedback about our hotel and its services is greatly appreciated and will make our team aware of your contributions.
Please accept our sincere apologies for missing your airport pick up request.
Be rest assured that, measures have been put in place to prevent the recurrence of this situation since customer satisfaction is our priority.
Your concern about the handy phone has also been noted but currently the device has been registered for free unlimited calls some selected countries only and will talk to our service providers about it.

Thank you and we look forward to your next stay in our hotel.

Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

The hotel is a former Novotel Hotel.
It’s a pleasant hotel but going under renovation and lots of upgrading needs to take place such walls, furniture, gym facilities etc.
What makes the hotel pleasant is the friendly service and GREAT FOOD!!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business

Dear yvesdjuma,

We thank you for sharing your experience in our hotel on trip advisor. Rightly said, our hotel was rebranded in 2016. Since then, we have been working on different aspects of our facilities and services for our client’s comfort and to maintain international standards.
Your comment about our good food is appreciated and our team will be made aware of your compliments paid to them.

We look forward to welcoming you again.