All reviews thursday evening excellent gym spent nights room service is decent hotel business hotel comfortable bed pleasant stay other hotels breakfast buffet hot water clean hotel wi fi coffee shop bole airport ethiopian food business trip
Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

The hotel has a good Wi-Fi that enables residents to have uninterrupted connectivity. The room service is quick and to the satisfaction of the order made.The fitness centre is sparkling clean with a friendly instructor!!

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 9 July 2018

I spent 8 nights at the Jupiter Hotel in Cazanchis. I selected this hotel because the staff was helpful and amiable my last trip to Addis Ababa. The Jupiter representative at the airport made sure I was taken care of during my arrival. He gave me helpful tips to beat jet lag and how to maneuver around the city. It was several hours before traditional check in, but the staff allowed me to check in and gave me a room upgrade! I had an excellent room that gave an interesting view of the city. The hotel CONSISTENLY had hot water day and night. Wifi was a problem, but Mrs. Nigist and her staff solved the issue as soon as I notified the front desk. Power outages as many guest stated, are not a major concern. The generator quickly snaps back on when the power goes out. My room accommodations came with breakfast which I enjoyed every morning. The breakfast was traditional European, American, and Ethiopian fare. The chef was always on duty to take special requests or an omelet. The Jupitar restaurant hosts were always amiable to help with breakfast allergens or assist with any questions. I also suggest you try their dinner fare either in the bar or restaurant. The nights I visited they served a traditional Ethiopian dinner or you could order other international dishes such as Indian or Italian. Thursdays are marked Jazz Nights and the Jupitar becomes the spot to be seen and enjoy cocktails. Without saying you must try the coffee of Ethiopia as it is the standard for which all others are judged. I suggest you also visit the gift shop where your purchases support local crafts persons in and around Ethiopia.
My one concern I had was checking out from the hotel, I was billed for items from the mini bar. I informed the front desk staff that I did not remove any items and perhaps it was a miscount from the previous guest. The front staff quickly remedied the situation. I strongly suggest that you monitor the items removed or placed in the mini fridge.
I will say this is my second visit to the Jupitar, and I received professional service from the staff. Mrs. Nigist and another manager spoke with me and other travelers to hear our opinions, concerns, and to offer suggestions of sites to visit around this very large and growing capital. As a solo western female traveler I felt very safe and comfortable at the Jupiter Hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

Spent 4 nights at the Juniper Hotel in Cazanchis district. Was met by a representative as soon as I cleared the baggage collection area at the airport and efficiently and quickly transferred to the hotel. Reception staff were extremely friendly. My room was comfortable and had everything I needed. Throughout my stay my room was properly cleaned with supplies restocked on a daily basis. The dining room staff were friendly and always on hand. Definitely a good option when on business in Addis Ababa.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 10 June 2018

Excellent room and location. Wifi is great. They recover very quickly from power outages when they convert to a generator. Fantastic Thursday Jazz night. Very good breakfast and menu. Choose from complementary steam bath or sauna. The best part of staying here, is that the staff are welcoming, very happy, and will try their best to make sure that your stay is comfortable.

Room tip: Rooms facing the street have the best views, but can be a little noisy from street traffic. Depends on your preference.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 17 May 2018

I enjoyed my stay in the hotel. The staff were ALL very friendly and courteous. The breakfast bar is western style, But Ethiopian food was also available at request. The wifi was reliable at anytime and anywhere in the hotel. The fitness room is great. The other guests seem to be all professionals from all over the world. In general, this is an excellent place (nothing to complain about) and I would highly recommend to anyone who wishes a pleasant stay in Addis Ababa.

Room tip: Great customer service
Date of stay: May 2018