“6 days trip in south OMO Valley with Lungo”

Lungo Local Tour Ethiopia - Day Tours
Reviewed 26 March 2018

We found Lungo in the petit futé guide when we were in Addis and we decide to choose him among other agency we have met there because of his knowledge of the south tribe and because we really liked his proposal of non touristic place to see the tribes of south Omo valley!
We had an incredible and amazing time with lungo, probably our best moments of our 3 weeks trip in Ethiopia were with Lungo. Lungo has grown up in south so he knows very well the place and also people in different areas. He has taken us to the wild part of south omo valley and we also have a chance to see the tribes differently than all other touristic agencies in Addis. We spent a night with a tribes, Lungo explained us a lot of thing about culture and traditions and we had some unforgettable moments with him and his driver. Also i have to say that Lungo driver was a top guy ! His name was Tsita and he is a very good driver, calm, serious and very friendly !

The landcruser car war fresh new and very confortable which is a very important point when you go to the south for off road and driving inside this car was a real pleasure !

We really love this trip in south Omo, not because Lungo was trying his best to satisfy our wishes, but just because we were feeling like we found a real friend and guide from Ethiopia, and it was very sad to leave him and the driver after 6 days :(

If you need more advise about LUngo in english or in french, please feel free to contact me :)

Mathieu

"south"
in 6 reviews
"alex"

Reviewed 14 February 2018

Lungo was our guide on our trip trough the Omo Valley. He is the Hamer tribe member and really knows where to take you if you want to avoid the tourists shows and places visited by the crowds. Lungo has guided us to the remote, small villages where we experienced the real local tribes live and where we were only white people in area.
All trip was well organised, the car and excellent and friendly driver Sahai, accommodation, meals and itinerary. Lungo and Shai where doing all to meet all our needs. Thank you so much guys for the excellent time spent together in Omo Valley.
If you are looking for the experienced and reliable guide who will take you off bitten tracks, contact Lungo.

Lungo K, Owner at Lungo Local Tour Ethiopia - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2018

Thank you for choosing lungo local tour Ethiopia for your recent stay. We have read your comments about your experience and we greatly appreciate that you took the time to write them, as our guests’ satisfaction is our main priority.It was a pleasure to have you as our guest. We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your collaboration.

My name is LUNGO i have been working to non touristic destination for the last 15 year's. I am not only tour operator siting 12 hours in the office but also I am your giude on your arrival until departure to ensure that I have the process knowledge and hard working to satisfy all my client. I need to do a great job each day. Let me make sure I understand that most of my clients saying it is what is most important for them is to reach the most remote villages (as know human zoo...) avoiding touristic situation or fake ceremonies. You need to collect photos videos for a documentary project, so just real life and impressive, strong moments, if possible you'd like to shoot the jumping bull and scarification. For this reason you'd like to stay (for sleeping to) close to village, inside if It's possible, in the way to observe people and interact with them without disturb. The reason I wanted to take you remote village including south west and soth omo was, to try and get far away from the other tourists.

Lungo is special than other tour company. I don't want to take my client to a village and see many 4x4 trucks, buses, motorbikes and 100 people taking pictures with local people posing for them. And I don't want much harassment from the locals asking me to take the photo when it is my choice. My way of calling it a "Dark Circle" is very much how I feel too. And sadly, it has turned me away from visiting there. So I was hoping to find a more authentic experience. I'm sure you hear this all the time!!

I strongly believe that your recommendation will contribute a great deal towards this result and I am forever grateful for the time and effort you would put in to write the recommendation and Im looking forward to a great learning experience the time we spend together throughout Ethiopia. If you want a real life in Africa WALK WITH US A STEP, Peoples to meet, Views to gaze, Story's to hear, Cultures to attend And life's to experience!
Warm regards

Reviewed 8 February 2018

If you wish to discover Ethiopia in it's intimacy, away from the tourist zoo which plagues many of the main attractions, then Lungo is the guy you want. He will always take you off the beaten path, to meet local people who are not expecting your visit and who will give you insight into real Ethiopian lifestyle.
Going to Ethiopia can be a culture shock for Western travellers, so visiting the real cafes, hooka houses and villages may seem of little interest at first, but this is the key to entering local people's lives in a personal way. If you are looking for the "WOW" effect of Ethiopia you have only to ask Lungo and he can take you where all foreigners go. But give him a chance to take you where he thinks best and he may pleasantly surprise you!
A word of advise: customs of politeness are different all around the world so clear communication is key. Don't suppose people know what you want from your travel experience, ask for it clearly and know that Ethiopians can be (surprisingly) very shy to express their needs to you.
Call Lungo if you are looking for a trustworthy guide in this amazing country!

Reviewed 27 January 2018

Lungo was our guide for two weeks in the north of Ethiopia. The tour has been really great, Lungo organized everything perfectly and he satisfied all our requests.

Lungo K, Owner at Lungo Local Tour Ethiopia - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2018

Dear stefano,
Thank you for all your wonderful contributions during your stay 2 week in Ethiopia.

It was really helpful to have your coment. We’re already seeing a vast improvement in efficiency thanks to the streamlined processes you suggested, and I'm confident things will run smoothly as the company continues to grow.

I really appreciate your guidance, and the time you spent with me to make this local tour Ethiopia go well.
Best Regards,

See more reviews
Reviewed 26 December 2017

I was around with Lungo for the second time always to discover this great and hidden place called Omo Valley. The first time i travelled with Lungo was in march 2016, a four days tour and I managed to come back again to see more of it in november 2017, again for a four days trip. Lungo was a great guide and companion for Omo, he belongs to the Hamer tribe and can guide you "off the beaten track" and the usual touristic path. He helped me communicate with the different tribes sitting around a bonfire in the nights. As a solo female traveller with professional photo equipment I was dependent on safety and well being by his organization and guiding and he made a great job! I never felt in danger! The car was good and the driver was a great guy and managed very well all the difficulties of the non existing roads in Omo. The Valley is far from everything and very far from our consuming society so don't expect big comforts or a relaxing holiday, then you are definitely in the wrong spot. The Omo is like a puzzle you get in touch with, it mainly depends on your sensibility and humanity what you make out of it.
I fully can recommend the experience and the tour organized by Lungo, I met lovely people as drivers, helpers and lots of locals. Thank you Lungo for this unique experience!

Lungo K, Owner at Lungo Local Tour Ethiopia - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2017

Manager lungo
Dear maike

Lungo is special than other tour company in Addis Ababa I don't want to take my client to a village and see many 4x4 trucks, buses, motorbikes and 100 people taking pictures with local people posing for them. And I don't want much harassment from the locals asking me to take the photo when it is my choice. My way of calling it a "Dark Circle" is very much how I feel too. And sadly, it has turned me away from visiting there. So I was hoping to find a more authentic experience. I'm sure you hear this all the time!!

Warm regards