All reviews grand palm chinese restaurant beef bacon bai sheng business trip an upgrade conference facilities home away from home casino wifi botswana monkeys baron poolside relaxation clients gabs
Reviewed 1 August 2017

I really enjoyed the stay at the Grand Palm and will go back there and will recommend it to everyone,families,couples and individuals.
As it was in winter I really enjoyed and appreciated the fire in the evening on the terrace at the back

Room Tip: The best rooms are the ones facing the city(north) which have a beautiful view of Gabs City
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

We were lucky enough to be on the very comfortable 5th floor. The room was well appointed and always clean. Had no problems with towels, soap, etc as a previous reviewer mentioned. The grounds were well kept an inviting to walk around. Lunch in the outdoor area was a pleasant experience with the wait staff friendly and providing good service.

The only down side was the gym equipment. Only one each of the treadmills and exercycles were functioning and then the second treadmill stopped as well. It was serviced quickly but don't know if it actually solved the problem.

If we were to return to Gaborone we would certainly consider staying here again.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2017

My overall experience with all the services provided by Grand Palm is worth remembering, i felt home away from home. i would gladly without any doubt recommend the hotel to any friend even those coming from abroad to use the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

I have been staying here on and off for +/- 8 years and have struggled with the service. My last three visits have been a struggle. Firstly I was given a room with no toilet seat. They then moved me to a room where the safe didn't work. The next room was fine. Next visit I joked with reception and said I hope the same wont happen again. The receptionist ran upstairs to check, I was moved. This visit the aircon was very noisy. Maintenance came and said the compressor was broken. No. Attempt made to move me. At breakfast I asked for a cup of coffee. It was so weak you could see the bottom of the cup. I asked for a stronger cup and was charged P 25.00 for it.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Chris W
Reviewed 15 July 2017

Very good hotel. Staff very helpful. Set in lovely grounds with peacock wandering about. Monkeys come to visit at dawn and dusk. Good variety of food at breakfast, lunch and dinner buffet. Good grill restaurant and great Chinese restaurant which has private rooms for larger groups. We were party of 8 and had lovely meal in private room. Hotel very clean, nice touch of chocolate, bottle of water and jug of ice in room at night.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends