All reviews private game reserve game drives black rhino watering hole large bedroom cape buffalo claw foot tub game driver watch wildlife game preserve sitting room separate shower safari tour special thanks beautiful lodge animals coming very special place
Reviewed 31 October 2018

The highlights of our visit was the relaxed 3-hour evening Safari drive with our Guide in a Land Rover. Afterwards, the outdoor dinner was lovely. We saw lots of animals ion this private preserve and had a memorable stop for 'Sundowners" (drinks and snacks) as the sun went down over the lake.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 May 2018

We were taken on the game drive with Skhulu had a wonderful experience Much better than we expected.Saw most of the animals and a special treat Black Rhinos. Skhulu was so informative well done you for making our day so special.If you get a chance to go on a game drive I can really recommend this company. I still can't believe how close we were to the animals fantastic day thank you.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

We did this tour as a short side trip and it didn’t disappoint. The animals were plentiful and the staff was very friendly. Unfortunately, it had been very rainy so the animals were hard to spot. We didn’t see any of the Big Five but we did see some really nice fauna. It’s not amazing but it’s definitely worth a short trip to see typical African bush life.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 January 2018 via mobile

My mother, my sister, and myself, visited Zimbabwe and Zambia in early November, 2017. We had three separate drives at Stanley and Livingstone, which some commented may be too much, but we all agreed, and still do, that we could have spent our whole trip riding around with Patrick.
The three of us had such an amazing experience with him. We still talk about him months later, and hope to return, and stay at the lodge, as well as take more drives.
Patrick was overly knowledgeable about not only the animals but abundantly informative about the plants, birds, and bugs. He was so passionate. I felt like I was sharing his life with him. It was truly an amazing experience. I thought of him tonight, on a clear night in America, and how he showed me many constellations on our night drive, and walked with me one on one to discuss them, as that was something I was excited about from the time we landed in Africa.
The reserve is beautiful. We saw five rhinos on our first morning drive, a Mother, baby, and Bull, as well as two other females. They were enjoying a mud hole after a fresh rain. We saw kudu, “donkeys in pajamas”, and billions of impala. We saw the same rhino family again on our next drive, along with giraffes, more kudu, and Cape buffalo.
We were all very impressed with the meals served, loved the outdoor “bush setting” preparation.
The pickup from our lodge in town at Bayete was extremely convenient, as well as the return trip home. And was extremely reasonably priced at $100 per person, including transport and meals.
All in all, we left utterly in love with Patrick. I hugged him our first day there, and truly knew I would miss him after leaving. My mother said tonight again that she had never met someone so passionate about their work.
Excellent excellent job ❤️
And we hope he doesn’t spy too many of those red flowers near Christmas

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Olivia-Ruth A
Reviewed 15 December 2017 via mobile

We stayed here three nights. It is an all inclusive hotel. Many attractions are included such as taxi trips to town, nature walks, elephant interactions. Our favorite was getting to feed the elephants. The room was gorgeous with great views and an outdoor shower. The only change I would suggest is heating the outdoor plunge pool.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple