All reviews swim up bar walking distance to town swimming pool hot water breakfast was included very nice hotel a free shuttle bus enjoyed my stay the air conditioning stayed for nights falls africa taxis safari border botswana spray
Reviewed 2 January 2016 via mobile

My family and I had a fantastic stay for the 3 days, the food was great and the people very hospitable and warm.

The hotel was in close proximity to most places at the Vic Falls.

Thank you Rainbow for wonderful memories

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
rainbowhotelvicfalls, Guest Relations Manager at Rainbow Hotel Victoria Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2016

A refreshing day to you Sello M

Thank you for choosing Rainbow Hotel for your recent stay in Victoria Falls. Many thanks for your feedback as we await another chance to welcome you back at the Rainbow Hotel Victoria Falls.

Reviewed 1 January 2016 via mobile

The positives first. The staff are exceptionally friendly and helpful and the rooms are clean and comfortable. It is close to town and the setting quite nice. The hotel itself is very very tired and in desperate need of refurbishment. The towels have holes in them and several previous features of the rooms no longer function. Victoria Falls is very expensive.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank JMGJS

A refreshing day to you JMGJS

Thank you for choosing Rainbow Hotel for your recent stay in Victoria Falls. We rely on guest feedback both positive and negative as it will help us improve wherever possible.

Your concerns are extremely of great value to us as we await another chance of welcoming you back here at our hotel.

Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 18 December 2015

I stayed here at the end of an overland tour, and enjoyed it. I was upgraded, for free, to the honeymoon suite. To be honest, it was in major need of a renovation, but the room was clean and comfortable. The hotel breakfast was quite possibly the best I've ever had - what bacon! One downside was the noise at night - they seemed to have some sort of party every night out back, and there was no escaping the noise. The location is good, and the free shuttle stops there. But you could walk to the Falls in maybe twenty minutes or so if you felt like it.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 December 2015

See the great picture of the large pool with the cute bar and the well lite hotel. Well it's just not there, this was my bucket list trip to Africa and the buck clearly stopped here. Unlike other reviewers I found the hotel, dirty, noisy and overpriced. Coming off an awesome week in Capetown, this was a major letdown. No where in the reviews did it say the Rainbow prefers only U.S. currency and can never make change. So the rands I had from the Cape Area I had to take to the bank and exchange. I found the food and beverages to be way overpriced,$3.00 for a 6 ounce canned soda and 25.00 for a limited selection dinner buffet. Having been in food service I look at things differently like air drying eating utensils with flies buzzing around. There were many things but I'll conclude with this "I had paid for three days and stayed only one". If you are a minimalist and dirty rooms with mosquito nets then this is the place for you. When we checked out early he property manager offered to move us to another Rainbow property but I didn't think I'd find a pot of gold there either.

Stayed: December 2015
Reviewed 10 December 2015

Vic falls is ridiculously expensive. This place was the cheapest we could find for a hotel.

It looks like this was once a upscale place to stay at one point, but the management has let it go. Air conditioning, scan key locks, patio doors - all these need some serious updating. We had to be moved to a different room because the scanner for the card didn't work so they had to manually get into our room which took 6 hours and us telling 3 different people.

Service was so/so. Our bags were brought to the room by a man who had such bad Body Odour that we had to open all the doors and windows to get the smell out. I have never had that issue before and I do feel bad for the poor guy. If the staff are not able to afford hygiene products on their salary, I think it is the hotels responsibility to provide these items for them as they are serving the public. The same goes for their uniforms and updating them as they need them - many of them looked worn out.

The pool area was lovely!!! That was the best part of the hotel. The bartender was also friendly. There is free wifi in-room which is convenient. Location is about a 30 min walk to the falls or 10 min walk to town, so decent location.

Breakfast was expensive for the quality so we ate down the road instead at the watershed I believe it was called. The food there was amazing and portions good size.

If budget hotel is what you are looking for I would recommend this as there aren't many other options, even though in other cities this would be a lot cheaper.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Penguine16
rainbowhotelvicfalls, Guest Relations Manager at Rainbow Hotel Victoria Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2015

A refreshing day to you Penguine16

Thank you for choosing Victoria Falls Rainbow Hotel during your stay in Victoria Falls. We value and appreciate your feedback. We have taken note of the issues you raised and we will definitely address all of them. We thank you for considering us and hope that you will consider us again in the near future.

Once again we thank you and value your feedback.