“Exhilarating experience!!!!”
Review of Wild Horizons

More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Take on the World Famous Zambezi River with Wild Horizons and the finest crew on the river! Each trip runs with a guide per boat and a trip leader for the group of boats. Each Trip Leader has 18 years or more of experience rafting. 18 years! That’s an amazing amount of experience and all of the guides under him have at least 6 years of rafting experience, basically all this adds up to you being
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Our wonderful hotel, Victoria Falls Safari Lodge, booked the gorge swing for me and the zip line for my father- and sister-in-law. The setting is drop-dead gorgeous, overlooking a 300' deep ravine at a hairpin turn in the raging Zambezi river (the water was so high, they were not allowing white water rafting!). The whole thing lasted about an hour - they are quite efficient at getting people ready and going! There was nothing about this I didn't like. They are very safety-conscious, putting me in a double harness and walking me through a safety briefing. The woman ahead of me wore a Go Pro, and had I had one I would have too. Don't bring a camera or smartphone if you have to hold it. Wear shoes that won't fall off!!

I was scared at first and until the rope caught me and then it was just pure joy!! Loved it, loved it, loved it! As soon as I got back up (by winch), I wanted to do it again!! Since i couldn't, you better believe I bought the video they took so that I can relive it whenever I want! Receiving it via Dropbox worked just fine.

I definitely recommend Wild Horizons and especially the gorge swing!!

Oh, there is a cute little place right there overlooking the gorge and the swing/zip line stations called the Lookout Cafe. Didn't eat there because we didn't know about it but would surely try it just based on looks and location!

WildHorizons, Public Relations Manager at Wild Horizons, responded to this reviewResponded 5 days ago

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. We are delighted that you enjoyed our high wire activities so much. Your kind comments regarding our staff's professionalism shall be passed on to them. Thank you for recommending us so highly.

With kind regards

in 9 reviews
"an adventure"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

On time, very helpful and always pleasant, small groups , so tours were not rushed, and enough time to stop for photos etc.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Here's the scoop with Wild Horizons whitewater rafting, that I've never been able to find anywhere else: safety is first, fun is second. I always felt safe. Highly recommended with professional, friendly and fun staff that allow you to be worry-free whitewater rafting in an amazing part of the world.

Highly recommend, book with this group!

Wild Horizons group is all over Vics and provide best in class and timely service, rafting is the same. This June day, high level season:

730 transfer from hotel to cafe for safety instructions, our group kept it humorous, newbies included. Go to the bathroom. Get in a truck for a ride. Then another ride. Arrive at destination. Go to the bathroom in nature. Get things, helmet, wetsuit shirt, paddle. Pass along belongings you don't want to carry. Divide into groups. Hike down. I am athletic, this can be challenging at times. Give my spf to my captain. Practice as a group. LISTEN and have fun! Our group was funny and I can't help smiling. We did not flip over because we didn't want to and listened. We jumped in the water when it was safe. The most extreme parts were water in your face, filled with laughter and focus on listening to your captain. Stopped briefly at a beach. Rapids 16-24 Done. Climbed up. Ugh. Take your time. Then regroup, drink water, beer, eat lunch - variety of bites: bread, quiche, samosas, chicken wing, meatballs, chicken kebab, etc. Drive back into town.

Tips:
Bring cash for tips. These guys train hard to protect you so you can have fun. Bring cash if you want to buy photos/videos. Bring your phone, extra clothes, water if you don't mind put it in the communal case before and after your rafting experience. All seemed fine with our group.

Do this. You won't regret it. Speak up and ask questions if you are nervous or concerned.

Dear guest

Thank you so much for your delightful and detailed review on Trip Advisor. We are so pleased that you had such a wonderful experience rafting with Wild Horizons. Safety is always our top priority and we are so pleased that you felt so safe with our guides. Your kind comments shall be passed on to them. Thank you for recommending us so highly.

With thanks and kind regards

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Great company to organize activities through. On time and very professional. You see their vehicles everywhere.

Dear Elmien

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. We are so pleased that you found our services to be punctual and professional. This is exactly the kind of feedback that we love to receive.

With kind regards