“Busy, busy, busy but delicious food”

Mama Africa Eating House
Cuisines: African
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 13 August 2017

A very noisy place so not for the romantics, but the food was excellent. The music great and the staff helpful as was typical throughout all Africa.

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

Honestly couldn't recommend this place enough. My tour guide (aka the partner) who is a national, recommended eating here to experience African food at its best.
I had peanut satay chicken, choms and sadtza - pushed to eat with my hands it made for such a fantastic experience.
Mama was also a lovely woman and very accommodating - the place was totally empty when we went so we got very well looked after. If I go back to Zimbabwe and Victoria falls, I'll be heading back right away!

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

Wonderful, simple place with great decor and young musicians. The food was typical of the area , served by charming staff. We ate crocodile with sadza, delicious!

Reviewed 30 July 2017

To begin with I cannot rate the food here although I did hear the next day that the food was great!
I'm writing a thank you and a sorry as I was terribly sick and spent my visit vomiting :( I had just finished the river cruise and after 21+ hours with no food or sleep alcohol went straight to my head. Staff were very attentive and concerned for my well being, checking on me and updating my husband as I spent over an hour in and out of the toilet.
I am sorry for the inconvenience I caused, I hope to return one day with my family and dine again (I now know abut the cruise!).
Thank you for your concern.

Reviewed 29 July 2017

Good, interesting food, for instance, Hunter's Pot - a stew with local game. Friendly atmosphere and live music.