“Mr”

Ranked #7 of 178 Restaurants in Harare
Price range: US$7 - US$28
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: A place home from home with good portuguese food, and chicken cooked on the charcoal. ( just like it should be.......)
Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

Really nice place. Great service and great food. I always go for the prawns and the peri peri chicken.

paula c c, Owner at Paula's Place, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2018

Thank you so much for making the time to write a review and for a great rating, it makes all our stress worth the while! You should try our BABY chicken next time which is biggest seller.

From all my team and myself a big thanks!

Paula

Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

I first visited this restaurant in 2015 with friends and totally loved it. I decided to give it a second try this time with my mother. They have opened up outside seating, which is quite refreshing. The staff is as pleasant as ever and we felt special. We ordered chicken samoosas and steak and onion for starters. We were quite hungry and filled up on this and bread such that it ruined our appetite for the main course. I ordered prawns whilst my mother had peri peri peri chicken. We had to take away our main course. This is testimony to the size of their portions. Very generous even in this harsh economic environment. Also well priced. Give Paula’s place a try. You will love the atmosphere, the food and clean environment

paula c c, Owner at Paula's Place, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2018

Thanks so very much for sharing your opinion about our place as well as rating us! I am glad my staff made you feel special because all our patrons are special to us. I always tell my team" patrons who buy what we sell should be treated well!" Sure hope it won't be another three years before we can have the privilege of treating you to a great meal again....

Thanks a million
From all at Paulas.

Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

We definitely enjoyed our Portugese dinner at Paula’s. The chicken is very nice and staff is very friendly. We were especially gently helped by Conword. Thanks for the service!

What a nice review and rating, Many thanks for taking the time to share your opinion, its so appreciated by both myself and my team. Hope on your next visit we can tantalize your taste buds with different dishes.....

Once again many thanks from all of us!

Paula.

Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

Quite a good place with good meals for chicken which is their area of strength. Staff was excellent in attending to us.

Thank Prosper Tafadzw... M

Thank you so much for taking the time to rate us as well a writing a review. Your opinion is very important to us, because our patrons are after all the back bone of our business! Do try our other menu choices on your next visit, as I am sure we will not disappoint you....

Once again our heart felt thanks,

Paula

Reviewed 26 September 2018

We arrived at 2030 for my sister in laws birthday. We were all welcomed by the greeting,you are late,the kitchen closes at 2100 and the bar at 2200. after we were rushed through our orders,they mixed up some orders. As if that wasn't enough,I ordered another bottle of wine 10 minutes before 2200 hours,upon which the waiter came a minute after 2200 and told us the bar had been closed. it took us a lot of negotiation and pointing out that the only other patrons that were there that evening had been served drinks from the bar. All in all this was an appalling experience and I will never set foot there again and I will remember to tell the story to all my friends and relatives who will pass on the message ad infinitum. Thanks for nothing Paula's sPlace

I am so sorry you did not have a pleasant experience, I am sure it was not my staff"s intention, to make you feel rushed . Just like any other business we have an opening and closing time, we are at work from 9.00 through to 22.30 daily which is on average 13 and a half hour working long day. Our liquor licence has a stipulated cut off time time (as we are not a night club or hotel) or we risk having it revoked. All these factors need to be taken into consideration. Therefore we clearly state on our entrance notice, that our kitchen closes at 21.00. According to the time on our cameras, you left at 23.45 well after closing time, and no one asked you to leave even though the bar was closed.

Once again I sincerely apologize on behalf of my staff for making you feel rushed, but believe you me they were just trying to make sure you got your meals and your drinks before closing time, maybe it came through with a wrong perception. Our patrons are KING and we go that extra mile to please them when we can.

Hope we can change your mind and hopefully you will return some day during our proper working hours, and see that we have great joy in making you leave with a smile on your face......

Paula.