“Avoidable ”

Ranked #28 of 178 Restaurants in Harare
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Indian restaurant with a chilled vibe... Traditional Indian cuisine sit in or take aways.. $15 lunch special on offer
Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

The restaurant serves food in the name of indian food but nowhere near it. Dimly lit with half cooked smallest Nan I have seen anywhere , the nans were half inch thick and just dough. Something served in the name of Dhal was strange and waiters seem to not bother about you. Dimly lit, no salad or accompaniment. See the pics . The Gulab Jamun needed a hammer to cut LoL. Best to avoid

1  Thank GlobalNomadUN

Reviewed 5 February 2018

We've eaten here many times when it was Sitar and always enjoyed the food. I'm happy to say it's just as good as it always was...

Deena M, Owner at The Buzz, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2018

Thank you so much glad you enjoyed your meal

Reviewed 28 January 2018

I spent Mothers day at Sitar and I had the best experience and Indian food. The waiters were attentive and knew the menu well. I have yet to find a restaurant in Harare that serves Paneer better than Sitar. This was not my first visit and will certainly not be my last. I cannot wait for my next visit.

Deena M, Owner at The Buzz, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2018

So glad hope you come visit with our new changes as the buzz

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

Sitar is the best curry restaurant in Harare. The food is excellent and the staff are always friendly and accommodating. It is the only curry restaurant that I will keep going to and have done so for years now. Well done Sitar and keep up the good work.

Deena M, Manager at The Buzz, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Thank you very much for the review greatly appreciated. Sitar restaurant is very thankful.

Reviewed 25 April 2017

I knew Kiran and The Sitar going back to the days in Newlands Shops along the Enterprise Road. Working in hospitality myself, I often used to go down to The Sitar back then and eat with Kiran on a Sunday evening - my night off.

We had family meals there, and many Sunday night movies on M-Net were accompanied by a take away from The Sitar. Lots of great memories.

The Makhani Murg here is still the bench mark by which I judge all other curries of that ilk, all these years later, and nothing has ever come close.

I now live in The UK and of all the things I miss The Sitar is certainly high on the list.

Deena M, Manager at The Buzz, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017