“My nieces 21st”

Amanzi Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 178 Restaurants in Harare
Price range: US$7 - US$35
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Situated in the heart of the Northern Suburbs of Harare, Amanzi Restaurant is set well back from the road in 4 acres of beautifully landscaped gardens. An old farmhouse, architucturally converted to a stylish modern restaurant. Amanzi has the capacity to seat 100 people. Amanzi offers it customers "fusion" cuisine. The decor is a sophisticated blend of interior styles created to form a backdrop for unusual collections of African antiquities and contemporary art. The water feature is stocked with koi carp, and is floodlit at night. The property is noted for its collection of indigenous trees, predominately msasa, and colourful shrubs, which provide a cool, restful atmosphere.
Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

Dinner on all previous occasions I can only say it was excellent . However this time really did disappoint! My goats cheese balls were tasteless and the quail left a lot to be desired. I can only say standards have dropped.

1  Thank Mandy S

Reviewed 7 October 2017

Very nice place, sitting in the garden with the sound of frogs in the background. Service is attentive and friendly. I was served a very nice Shiraz and a good haloumi.as starter. I was then choosing between a steak and a chicken curry. Unfortunately I chose the latter, which represented a complete misunderstanding of what a curry should be. Big chunks of chicken in a bland, floury sauce that didn't really taste anything at all. A separate bowl of piri-piri sauce next to it doesn't turn it into a proper curry!

A curry is built up by SPICES, fried in ghee (preferably) or oil or butter, creating an explosion of tastes and a medium in which meat or fish or vegetables can be simmered to integrate with the spices. Big mistake to just stew the chicken! But one good thing with this restaurant is that when I complained, the nice and friendly chef Andre came out for feedback and we had a good discussion. I think he will make sure the curries will improve. I had a sticky date pudding with ice cream as dessert, which was quite excellent. I give this place a three-star rating, but with some effort it could be a four!

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Good service and food. Good wine selection.double espresso turned out to be instant! Machine was out of order and that was not said.

1  Thank jacq1702
Reviewed 25 September 2017

We had an amazing lunch at Amanzi proudly hosted by Chef Andre who is such a friendly and informative chef. He was full of knowledge and so helpful in our meal selections. He definitely puts the A in Amanzi. Will definitely be back with a bigger group shortly. Thumbs up to Chef Andre

1  Thank shg20152015
Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

This is my fifth visit over a period of ten years. I always try to stop in for a meal when my travels bring me to Zimbabwe from the United States. I have never been disappointed and this time was no exception.

The food is outstanding and The ambience relaxing. A great place for a leisurely meal with friends