Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
TripadvisorUS$1 154
Orbitz.com
Travelocity
CheapTickets
All reviews walkie talkie crossing point perfect location bucket shower mara river hot water wonderful stay buffet style remote location dining tent gosheni hassan omega migration chef wifi tents
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 November 2020 via mobile

When we first arrived at Acacia Migration Camp, we were greeted warmly by the staff with freshly squeezed passion fruit juice. With Omega’s attentive voice, he says, “Karibu” with a long droned out syllables, Ka-ri-boooo. We started to mimic his accent. Omega is one decent human being with pure, innocent and honest personality. We were there three nights. My friend would arm wrestle with the staff and after the delicious dinners, we would crank the music up to dance. And the staff joined in. Anthony, the manager is very sociable, always smiling and ready to listen to our adventures everyday. We saw two migrations two days in a row and very fortunate as it is very rare to see this late October when migration really ends in September. The staff was thrilled for us and wanted a copy of the migration videos.

Joseph, the chef was always ready and eager to take our individual orders for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The roast pork was excellent and the pizza was good too. Our individual tent was very roomy with comfortable bed, clean clean and clean. Omega would early in the morning fill up the tank with hot water. I was appreciative of this knowing that migration camps can be temporarily stationed there but may move to a different location altogether. But, the tents were built well and sturdy. Every night, we were escorted to our tents from the lounge or the dining area tent and in the middle of the night, we would hear the lions roaring from far away and sometimes hyenas lurking around.

The Acacia group of camps: Acacia Migration Camp (N. Serengeti), Acacia Seronera Luxury Camp (Central Serengeti) and Acacia Tarangire Luxury Camp (Tarangire National Park)

We stayed at all three camps and we noticed that all the staff there are so warm, kind, attentive and quick to serve and satisfy. They are like family to us and when we left each camp, we missed them terribly. They are very special to us and that’s why I vowed to return in two years. Thank you to all the Acacia Camps and their special staff. We will be back!

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Rits2211
Reviewed 14 September 2020

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights during our safari. The camp is set in a perfect location to experience the Wildebeest migration...within minutes drive you are right amongst the action and can hear the wildlife at night.
upon arrival we were greeted by the staff, offered sanitisers and our temperatures were checked before we entered the camp.
Once we were in, we were made to feel at home and safe with staff wearing masks and maintaining a good distance whenever possible. A lot of the staff haven't left the camp since the pandemic started in March, to ensure the safety of the tourists staying at the camp.
I was a little apprehensive about the idea of staying in a tent with a bucket shower, but honestly, I don't know what I was worried about! The tent was spacious and spotless. The bed and pillows were some of the comfiest I've ever slept in and as for the shower, the staff asked us to allow 10 minutes to supply the hot water for this, but more often than not it was there quicker. The water was plenty hot enough for us and they were really on it with topping it up. They also provided a turn down service and checked over your tent whilst you were at dinner and prepared your bed for the night.
The food was incredible - the manager Anthony is also currently working as the chef too. His meals were so delicious (he's a celebrity chef, having appeared on TV!), we felt totally spoilt with such a huge variety of food and tons of it! I couldn't believe some of the things we were eating given the remote location of the camp and the simple set up they had there.
All of the staff were friendly and were always on hand to do anything you needed. Special shout out to Anthony of course for his excellent managerial skills - this man is a fabulous multi tasker and always made time to come and talk to us once we got back to camp and after dinner. Secondly, a shout out to Omega - what a lovely, friendly and polite man. Once again, he could not do enough for us and made us feel welcome from the second we met him!
WIFI was limited to the main lounge tent, sometimes you could reach it in the dining tent. It was a little sketchy, but was there if you really needed it.
All in all, I cannot recommend this camp enough!

Date of stay: September 2020
Reviewed 17 August 2020

My family and i we really enjoyed our stay at Acacia Migration Camp,Location is perfectly and easy to get to the river where the crossing point are , although we didn't see may wildebeest crossing as we were there middle of July but we like what we saw ..
Tents are comfortable and the food and service was excellent staff were all friendly took a good care of us , We really would go back to this camp, if we would visit Tanzania and Serengeti again.
asanti sana

Date of stay: July 2020
Reviewed 16 August 2020

My wife and i we have just returned from our 9 days safari in Tanzania organized by African DMC we had 2 nights stay at this Migration Camp and would highly recommend
The Camp its nice , clean and near to the mara river where we just drove 20 minutes and we have seen the best wildebeest migration crossing for 20 minutes
The food is nice Joseph made us add weight in just 2 nights , there's lots of variety so something for everyone.
we highly recommend this Camp

Date of stay: August 2020
Reviewed 13 June 2020

Pros: Great location (in Feb . 2020) near Lake Ndutu. Really nice people - they went out of my way to help me find a lost item. The best tents I've ever seen - very much felt like a hotel room. Got T-Mobile service at the location!

Cons: it's takes some getting used to being in a tented camp. For example, need to ask the staff for hot water - one suggestion: do not leave the walkie-talkie on overnight without charging it, or else it may be difficult to contact the hot water team for a morning shower.

Date of stay: February 2020