All reviews dark alley strict rules walking distance stayed here for nights short stay clean rooms taxi backpackers security guard
Reviewed 12 May 2017

Not overly impressed by this hotel. They forgot to pick me up in the airport and they could not locate my booking anywhere. When I showed them the copy of the email confirmation from one of their staff members they told me that he was not working for them any more????

When all of that has been said, I have to say that the product you get matches the price you pay.

I even tried to make a booking here on my return to Dar but sadly, their inbox was over capacity (how does that even happen in this day and age? (ever heard of 'delete message' and 'empty bin') so I went to Safari Inn instead which, is miles ahead of this place (at the same price)

Date of stay: December 2016
1  Thank mortsl
Reviewed 4 February 2017

We stayed here a couple nights in Dar. It is a good cheap hotel. room was clean and everything worked. It is not the Hilton but certainly adequate right in the heart of the city. Staff was helpful and friendly with good security.

Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank frimer
Reviewed 1 November 2016

When I first started staying here over 5 yrs ago it was an ok place for a night or two. However the service became bad with not being cleaned to a high standard and breakfast menu was became minimal. It is handy to eating places. Not been back in over 3 yrs

Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank paulina032016
Reviewed 3 September 2016 via mobile

It is a simple place. You can have a room with or without ac. A double room with AC is 48 000 per night. Rooms are clean and without mosquito net, but they spray every night and i havent see one mosquito around.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 April 2016

I stayed here on my own for three nights in April 2016. I've been to Dar before but this was my first stay at the Econo Lodge as I wanted to spend more time in Kisutu and the downtown area. It's in an excellent location to explore that area by foot, and is extremely affordable, so those are both major pluses. My room had A/C and a ceiling fan so was always nice to return to after a walk around. The room was very basic and quite shabby, but fine. The bed had a thin foam mattress and rather worn out blanket. There are no mosquito nets but if you leave the fan on overnight you'll be fine as mosquitoes aren't good at flying in wind. (I didn't spot any mozzies anyway). The shower worked well and there was always hot water. The breakfast was light but fine for me–some fruit and two slices of toast and then a pot of tea.

If you're really on a budget and you want to explore Dar, then I would recommend the Econo Lodge. But if you're just staying overnight to catch a flight or don't mind taking taxis everywhere you can get much nicer accommodation for similar prices in other parts of Dar (e.g. the Rombo Green View Hotel, or places near the airport).

Date of stay: April 2016