See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 December 2015

Stayed here for a couple of nights and the double room I stayed in with a friend was large, clean and had a bathroom and balcony - all for a good price. As mentioned below the prices are on the wall so you can see the options. It comes with breakfast which is toast, fruit and coffee. You can get your clothes washed here or wash them yourself on the roof. There's good wifi which is really useful and you're situated both near to the centre of Dar and Kariakoo which is great for exploring. There are lots of guys hanging out in the street below, one of them helped fix my phone - nice guy! There are cheaper places to stay but this is an excellent value place for the rooms you get, the wifi and the location.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 December 2015 via mobile

Stayed here for one night en route to Zanzibar.

Rooms are clean, hotel water. Prices are on the wall and hence very transparent. Breakfast just about edible.

Arrived late at night and homeless people all along the street outside. Owner warned us to take care any time of day or night.

Wouldn't stay here for long but good transit stop and best value for money of anywhere we have stayed.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 November 2015 via mobile

i stayed at econo for a week , my check in was accurate, I enjoyed my stay, I had no problems whatsoever , the service they provide for the price they charge is fair, I would recommend anyone who is looking for a cheap lodge in town

Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 November 2015

I traveled solo,on a very tight budget.Very friendly people i arrived well after dark and they had only a 2 bedroom open,i only paid for a single room.It is in a bad area of Dar,looks dogy form outside,but it is decent inside.It is clean and well maintained.
Don't expect much of the breakfast in the moring it is a bit stingy,just a few fruits,coffe and toast.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank scottwillem
Reviewed 14 October 2015

If you are a backpacker, on a VERY tight budget and don't mind a few cockroaches here and there, then this place is for you. I stayed at Econo Lodge, twice, both one night each as a quick stopover trip in Dar es Salaam. When we got into our room we were greeted with a bed, a few cockroaches, a dirty mosquito net and an old rusted bathroom. There is free Wi-Fi downstairs (not sure i should validate that) and free well I mean cheap breakfast. I say cheap because they serve you fruit and juice. If you want eggs you pay an additional 1000 to 1500 shillings. Not too bad for Econo Lodge!

On the brighter side of things, the location is downtown (though slightly sketchy) and easy to get to the Zanzibar Ferry. This hostel is truly a one day ONLY overnight hostel.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple