Reviews (1 734)
1 734 results
1 060
1 060
All reviewsbuddha barchief conciergepool viewguest relationsbreakfast restaurantspecial thankssmaller poolcoffee machineamazing hotelcarrefour supermarketamazing poolbreakfast staffbreakfast was amazingmoroccan teahotel facilitiesfew issuesupgraded to a suite
89 - 94 of 1 734 reviews
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Myself and my boyfriend visited the savoy for the first time roughly a month ago. I have been living in Marrakech since December and found it to be one of my favourite places I have been so far.

The staff were friendly (especially one man who greeted myself and my boyfriend whilst queuing to check in). He was great fun and even offered us an upgrade to a higher floor and pool view!

The rooms are clean and the bed is very comfy. The breakfast is also fantastic, with so much selection!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Whilst the rooms were very nice and clean and the pools were lovely I found my stay at The Grand Savoy in Marrakech a let down due to the RIDICULOUSLY SLOW service from the reception!! I found my time there mainly consisting of waiting for service from the reception to then be asked to sit and wait and then forgotten about, which is very annoying when you don’t want to spend most of your trip waiting in a reception all the time!!! Complete waste of my time there.

Stayed: March 2018
687guestrelation, Guest Relations Manager at Savoy Le Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2018

Dear Samantha,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Savoy Le Grand Hotel Marrakech.

We are sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies Rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

We would like for you to give us the opportunity to demonstrate our high quality standards.
We appreciate your sharing your concerns and are looking forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Guest Relation Manager

Reviewed 29 March 2018

We had been to Marrakech before and stayed in a couple of different Riads in the Medina and decided this visit to stay slightly outside in a more modern hotel. For a long weekend break with a pool this was a fantastic option. The hotel is very nice inside, with multiple swimming pools including a heated pool (we didn't get around to checking this out though) and the main pool has lots o different lounger and sunbed options it was really enjoyable during the afternoon.
The hotel is also, in my opinion, a great balance of old and new as it is a simple walk along one main road to th Main Medina gate entrance from which you can explore of the wonderful culture, eateries and markets of Marrakech, and then retrat back to a nice hotel easily afterwards.
BE WARNED though, there is a Carre Four supermarket next door and we went in to get a few drinks and snacks to take to our room, and had no idea until security at the hotel entrance stopped us, but you aren't allowed to bring ANY external food or drink in, even a water bottle, which we found quite unfair and really annoying, as we were made to dispose of our food etc we had just bought. I don' know if there is genuine health & safety reasoning behind this or the hotel just want to restrict you to only buying food & drink there, bu that was the only downside for us, otherwise it was a fabulous long weekend escape.

Room Tip: We had a room facing the second pool which is very quiet & easy access with balcony
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank anouskac952
Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

I visited this hotel with a friend for her birthday. The hotel itself was breathtaking, staff were friendly, polite and very welcoming. Pictures on the site does not do the hotel justice, better to view in person. Hotel exceeded my expectations. Reception staff Khalid very friendly and helpful during our stay. Mourad guest relations manager was fantastic, the hospitality was more than I expected, very friendly funny guy. Each member of staff I interacted with were always friendly and willing to help. I had a fantastic stay and will surely be back. Thank you to the team I enjoyed myself.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank QueenB992
Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed for a week at the beginning of February for our honeymoon. We were upgraded to a suite on arrival and the room was fantastic with a jacuzzi bath and two balconies. The staff could not have been more friendly and accommodating with nothing too much trouble.
The concierge staff would always welcome us when we went in and out of the hotel and arranged taxis for us.
The housekeeping staff were fantastic and the room was kept beautifully during our week long stay.
We mentioned it was my husbands birthday and the staff brought up a dessert to the room which was a lovely touch.
Breakfast was delicious with a huge amount of choice and fresh orange juice.

Location wise this hotel is perfect just a short drive to the centre. Next door is Menara Mall which was good to explore. The restaurants next to the hotel were also reasonably priced.

We cannot recommend this hotel enough and would stay again. The staff deserve a big thanks for making our honeymoon so special.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
687guestrelation, Guest Relations Manager at Savoy Le Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Dear KF911,,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Savoy Le Grand Hotel Marrakech.

I t is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. We will share your comments with our team.

Guest Relation Manager