“The Best Staff The Best Food The Best Place!!!”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of riad goloboy

chambre 1001 nuits
chambre majorelle
SDB catherine
SDB africaine
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
Any
eroslily
New York City, New York
“The Best Staff The Best Food The Best Place!!!”
Reviewed 21 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016

I can't get over just how amazing our experience was at Riad Goloboy. The location of the Riad is great; in walking distance to the medina but tucked away from the hustle and bustle in a quiet street. Always felt safe! The food prepared the the head chef, Iman, is by far some of the best food I've eaten. Everything was so delicious and beautifully prepared - I couldn't get enough! She is a truly gifted cook and I still have cravings for some of her dishes. Amin, who helps guest with their needs is a truly the most caring, honest, professional and every good would that could ever be in a dictionary!! Having traveled nearly 40 countries I've been able to stay at both high end and more moderate lodging. The level of hospitality in this Riad surpasses that of pretty much all! Amin made our stay one of the most memorable ever - so much so that I teared up when saying goodbye. I truly recommend this place. It's beautiful. The rooms are amazing and beautifully decorated. A+++++

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The staff was amazing!!
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Moody_Foo...
San Diego, California
“An Artsy Dream”
Reviewed 27 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015

Although we didn't get to meet Maud, we were very impressed by the artful interior decor of the Riad. What also impressed us was the professionalism and helpfulness of her staff. Hamid and Amine were so accommodating to us. Amine set out a delectable breakfast for us and prepared it with so much care. We felt like we were very welcome and almost part of the family. Cleanliness was also top notch! Maud is very fortunate to have such a great staff!

Value Service
Visit was for: Leisure
Travelling group: Couples
AL W
Stuttgart
“A surreal world with UFO landing place”
Reviewed 21 August 2015 for a stay in July 2015

I was warmly welcomed by Hamid and Amine at GOLOBOY with a delicious fragrant mint tea. You will enter into a different world. The red city Marrakech is loud and hectic and in almost all riads you find the same oriental-modern pabulum. GOLOBOY is so different - as if recently David Lynch was shooting his new movie here ... The magic of bold cobalt blue and oriental gold merge into a surreal backdrop. Strict geometric pattern in black and white give the balance. You discover imaginative details and sculptures everywhere. An atmosphere which you can‘t describe - you just have to experience for yourself - goose bumps feeling with joy!

Each room has its own charm - I was sleeping wonderful in the *Chambre Majorelle* - at night Younes protected us so well.

Lady Hind kept the whole Riad clean and fresh. At this point I have to mention that the staff is amiable and they all care optimally for their guests - discreet but always present nevertheless .

I have excellent dined in Riad GOLOBOY - Iman is an exceptionally gifted cook! I will give her 5 stars from the Moroccan sky! You discuss with her in the morning what you wish to eat and in the evening Amine will serve it stylishly - with a yummy wine and my beloved Coca-Cola Zero!
Who is wise, creative and romantic enjoys his dinner at the Riad GOLOBOY. There is no restaurant in the Medina which can offer such an atmosphere.

For breakfast, sunbathing and watching the starry sky there is a huge roof terrace. It is not red or beige like someplace else in Marrakech - but cobalt blue and black and white ... The view on the surrounding area is spectacular. You look on a large-area green landscape with grazing goats and sheep and the Koutoubia mosque in the background - I think an UFO is soon landing there ...

Thanks to Béatrice, Maud, Iman, Hind, Hamid, Amine and Younes for that unique + spectacular adventure in GOLOBOY!

Travelling group: Solo Traveller
niquee2
Brooklyn, New York, United States
“Exactly as advertised”
Reviewed 30 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015

Overall very happy with my stay at Goloboy. The riad in person looks exactly like the pictures. very good price, friendly staff, clean rooms! 10 minute walk to the medina.

Note, you do have to make a couple of turns down an alleyway, and there is no pool (jacuzzi), but we knew that going in, and had no issues. Maud is quick to respond to questions.

Overall, we loved our stay here and would recommend.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
jeanalain...
Toronto, Canada
“The next best Riad in 2016 in Travel Magazine and website”
Reviewed 21 April 2015 for a stay in April 2015
person found this review helpful

Finding a Riad in Marrakesh need a lot of work specially if you are looking for originality and quality, since this was my first adventure in Marrakesh I spend a few weeks browsing the web in search of a special place to spend a week, surfing every subscription of travel magazines I own and every well-known travel website I wasn't able to find the perfect fit, La Mamounia at $700 US a night wasn't in my budget!
I was lucky enough to find a recent article in Wallpaper magazine about a new Riad call Goloboy.
Goloboy was design by an artist who understand the balance of originality, functionality and space. , mid-century furniture’s surrounding by a traditional Moroccan architecture is not easy to realize but Maude and her mother Beatrice was able to create the perfect balance.
I was lucky enough to spend 5 days in Goloboy, every details of this hotel made my stay memorable, this is a 5 stars Riad and it will be in the best new hotels in Marrakesh in 2016 from Travel and Leisure to Trip adviser! Trust me!
Each time I will think of the Majorelle garden I will think of Goloboy with the perfect blue Majorelle walls!
Thanks Maud/Mother and the wonderful staff!

Liked best: The Design, Quality,Staff
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$824
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing