Reviews (1 372)
1 372 results
All reviews pool bar hotel is beautiful pool side moroccan vibe carrefour supermarket big pool plenty of sunbeds great pool during ramadan booked this hotel the rooms were nice buffet restaurant tennis courts recommend this hotel to anyone pool towels taxi ride moroccan dishes
145 - 150 of 1 372 reviews
Reviewed 1 April 2018

Having read previous reviews i was a little concerned about the quality of this hotel, but I guess some people just like to moan ! The hotel is stunning with staff to match, a special mention goes to Salem and Zac at the bar who were always fun to be around. I admit that the buffet and Italian were not great but we certainly didn't starve. The Indigo grill poolside certainly did not disappoint as the food was fantastic and cooked fresh to order as part of our all inclusive. A special mention to Honini and Nordine who couldn't do enough for us . All in all a fantastic place to stay with the famous souk Jamaa just a 10 minute taxi ride away.

Room tip: we had a garden room
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank 167keelyb
Les Jardins D, Directeur général at Les Jardins De L'Agdal Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2018

Dear Mrs keely b,

We would like to thank you very much for choosing the Jardins de l'Agdal and for being so kind as to share your opinion on the Tripadvisor website.
We shared your comment with salem and zakaria, rest assured that they were very touched by your compliment;
in the meantime we have noted your remarks and try to live up to your expectations on your next visit;
All the ambassadors of the Jardins de l'Agdal and I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again very soon.

Best Regards

General Manager l Les Jardins de L'agdal hôtel & spa

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

In general, when I travel abroad from Canada it is to relax and not to worry about the little things. We booked this hotel just for that. All the little things were taken care of for us. From the bellmaster, the reception staff to the restaurant and the servers we were always handled with care. Breakfast was very good, not better than the Savoy where I stayed last time. Lunch was good also. The sandwiches at night were excellent. It is a nice hotel and borderline value versus quality. I will still go back. There is a nice mall called Mazar with some high end stores and Carrefour supermarket. A big shout-out to Fadoua in reception.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Momohe
Jardins-agdal, Directeur général at Les Jardins De L'Agdal Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Dear Mr MOMOHE,
We would like to thank you for your nice email and for putting trust in our services
All the ambassadors of the "Jardins de l'Agdal" and me hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you again very soon
Best regards
General Manager l Jardins De L'Agdal Hôtel & Spa

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

Currently on our last day of staying at this “5*” hotel. I could not be more disappointed. Arrived at 6pm to be told no food would be available until 7.30pm, travelling with a 20 month old this was not ideal. Eventually staff managed to get some pasta together for her but myself and my partner had to wait. During the day there was a pool bar that was open from 12-30-5.30pm, yesterday however it rained, so it was shut. Even though it’s an indoor area. Therefore no food available from 2.30-7.30pm, Went reception explained we had a baby that needed feeding and was told we would need to order room service. Which we have been charged for. Despite being on an all inclusive holiday, and their facilities not being available.

There was 2 restaurants other than the buffet. An Italian and a Moroccan. Both of which served almost identical meals, both awful.

The cot that was provided was filthy with big brown sticky stuff smudged across it.

We booked some excursions, one being the waterfall. We chose very carefully again because we were travelling with an infant. We asked the hotel guide specifically if it was appropriate for a baby to which he told us yes it was 2.5 hours on the bus. It was not. It was 4 hours each way on a crammed coach. We also booked a trip to the markets, which was supposed to come with a tour guide. However the trip he booked is on was a German guide, with all german tourists. So we could not understand. The only time they spoke English was when they were trying to get us to buy stuff. Overall it felt like they just wanted us to book excursions with no thought to us as long as they got our money.

We also booked some treatments in the spa. This was also an extra charge. No problem except that when I turned up for my treatments the 3 women behind the desk looked annoyed that they would now have to do some work. I was taken for my treatments, which were rather underwhelming. After they had finished the woman left the room in silence. I was left under a towel for 15 minutes until I got myself up and dressed and after wandering around the spa finally found her, playing on her phone.

Over all a very disappointing experience and would not recommend this hotel at all. We travel a lot and I’ve never felt the need to trip advisor my experience until now.

Trip type: Travelled with family
7  Thank Compass80534
Reviewed 16 March 2018

This hotel is absolutely beautiful. The food, however, is awful. They have three restaurants. The Buffett one which also serves breakfast, a Moroccan one and an Italian one. We had to book the Morrocan and the Italian. First night was the Morrocan one. It was almost empty and when we ate we knew why. The food was awful. It was so bland. The next night was the turn of the Italian. The menu was almost exactly the same. The restaurant was also empty. The main dish was chicken tagliatelle which was in fact a piece of chicken with noodles that had a whole bottle of soy sauce thrown at it! Food aside the staff were wonderful and really helpful. There was only one older woman on reception who kept upsetting people and everyone in the bar was moaning about her but otherwise we had such a laugh with the younger ones. I would go back but stick with the Buffett which, although not great, was ... actually I can’t describe it. Although we did manage to keep it down so not so bad?

Room tip: Overlooking the pool. The alternative is a main road with a great view of the tax rank
Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank SWALKER1920
Reviewed 14 March 2018

We still have two days left of our first trip to Morocco and to Marrakech. This very established hotel and the company photographs understate how good and beautiful this hotel is.

Spotless rooms, terrific food and a cathartic civilised atmosphere are just a one part of three elements that make a trip memorable. Location, Facilities and People. The latter is the most important. There are so many of the staff that made this holiday great so here are some.

The Atlas is the main restaurant that is so clean with superbly presented and plentiful food Jalad and Charma are just part of a great team that keep the coffee coming with cheerful efficient service-top marks!

The Equipe Snack or Indigo snack bar is set by the pool where a good variety of food/drink is served very swiftly by Fatima,Abdelmoula, Rashid, Loubma, Karim and Noureddine. As with the Atlas all is served on linen tables with pristine glassware and cutlery.

The Agdal Bar. The bar manager Salim has excellent English language skills which he learnt in Bolton and he passes on his skills to Ghizlane and Zakaria who soon get to know what you like to drink. Again this is all served with a smile and a welcome which is so important.

I will be sending a link for this review to King Mohammed VI and also to Mr. Yassir Zenagui, Minister of Tourism asking them to consider recognising the hard work that the young people of Morocco are doing to make Marrakech 'the place to go to'

Finally Catherine and I would like to thank you all and if you have not been mentioned you ALL have been appreciated.

Room tip: Get a pool view facing west
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
7  Thank Angus L
Jardins-agdal, Directeur général at Les Jardins De L'Agdal Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2018

Dear Mr Angus L,

First of all we would like to thank you very much for choosing the Jardins de l'Agdal and for being so kind as to share this positive comment on Tripadvisor
We would like to thank you warmly for your writings, highlighting our quality of service and services
Of course, we shared your wonderful compliments with our staff. Be assured that they were very touched by your praise. The satisfaction of our customers is by far the most beautiful reward!
Once again, we thank you very much for your "magnificent" description of our establishment and all the ambassadors of les jardins de l'agdal hope to welcome you very soon

Best regards,