All reviews beautiful hotel rooftop restaurant international menu ambassador suite turn down service family vacation breakfast staff old palace separate sitting area would highly recommend this hotel moroccan restaurant sitting room the hotel offers luxury hotel moroccan charm mosaic tiles panoramic view
Reviewed 9 September 2018

We stayed for five nights at a junior suite of the Palais Faraj in august 2018. The hotel is a beautiful, well-kept riad with plenty of style, a very nice terrace, a pool, dining room and bar. We are thankful to Mr. Srifi at the reception, who arranged transportation to the airport (one suitcase was delayed), Rabat and Chefchaouen (the blue town) as well as local guides and made calls to trace our suitcase. Breakfast was good and included the famous Moroccan crepes with honey (recommended). Night dinner at the terrace was great for dining and watching the nightfall, but the menu had a scarcity of the famous Moroccan cuisine dishes, whereas Asian food was offered. From the nearby minaret, the sound of the muezzin calling to prayer at night (8:10 and 9:30 pm) and again in the early morning, reminds you of the importance of religion in Fes.

A visit to the Medina needed a ride in one of the ‘petit-taxis’ (collective cabs) because the heat made it impossible to walk all the way there; the hotel is not at walking distance from shops and other restaurants during the hot summer hours.

Management needs to improve a weak wi fi signal and could avail of unused space to put a fitness room in place.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 August 2018

This hotel is on the outskirts of the Medina with a terrific view from the terrace restaurant on top of the hotel. We had a beautiful suite, very traditionally Moroccon. The staff were extremely service conscious and friendly. Jim O'

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 August 2018

while this hotel is nicely built in the old Medina, we stayed there with my family and had two rooms in the month of July. after 2 days of staying there, we noticed that my wife's medication was stolen, and my daughter's half of my daughter's dinner was eaten by the cleaning people. when we filed a formal complaint with the front desk, we got a denial of the event and no management person called and came to us to discuss the issue. this is terrible to just sweep the issue under the rug and protect their personnel. we heard from their workers that theft is pretty regular at this location. all I can say if you stay there put everything you care about in the safe and lock all your bags.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

One of the most beautiful rooms imaginable. Le Suite Royale (Rm 16) was perfect in every way. Well appointed, spacious with amazing views. Fabulous bathroom and easy access to the whole Riad. Excellent dining room and separate bar and easy walk to the Medina. Highly recommended

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

Came to this hotel with expectations exceeding average, but it wasn’t all that great. I stayed in suite #5, and I felt like all I was paying for was square meters (30m2). The room was not all that clean, and both bathrooms had a bad smell. Some fruit was served upon arrival to the suite, it was bad and overdue. Using the pool was relaxing and nice, but it lacked any connection to the bar/restaurant (located on the third floor). Maybe there is a way to order something, but I couldn’t figure out how and there was no staff nearby (the hotel felt understaffed). The WiFi was also lacking, and I ended up leaving before the night because I got offered a place to stay at my family’s house. Never tried the breakfast to comment on it. Free parking is nice. Maybe I was unlucky with my experience and it is actually better than what I’m describing, but this is my impression. Expected much more for the price.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends