All reviews excellent location treated like family yogurt visit fes breakfast was amazing mint tea old city crepes beautiful room spent nights moroccan hospitality chicken tagine roof terrace blue gate edge morocco medina
Reviewed 1 June 2016

My daughter and I stayed three nights at Riad Ahlam and from the moment we arrived, we were treated like family. Kassam is a welcoming host. The riad is a stunning example of Moroccan beauty. The mix of patterns, furniture, and the courtyard are inviting and a visual feast. Our room was large and very comfortable. The location is perfect for exploring the medina. The meals were outstanding and this was due to Fatija's excellent cooking and the pride and care she took in meal quality and presentation. We also were fortunate enough to observe her preparing a meal and do a bit of assisting. The staff was helpful and gracious. I highly recommend Riad Ahlam.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2016

During a 24-day visit to Morocco, staying in a dozen facilities, this was the best, both in terms of comfort, service, and food. Qassim, the manager, goes out of his way to be helpful and provide assistance, sometimes even leading you to places rather than giving you directions. And it would be hard to find a better cook than the lady who prepared all our breakfasts and dinners. With dinners of this quality you really have to have some other compelling reason to go elsewhere, where you will probably pay more and get lower quality. Breakfasts were sumptuous, with everything you could imagine, including fruit salad. Wi-fi in the common area inner courtyard and in my room worked though its strength was rated as "fair." No hair dryer provided, but that might be the only omission I can think of. Bed was comfortable. Location is excellent, on the edge of the medina, less than a five-minute walk from the Tala'a Kebira, the main thoroughfare within the medina. Public guarded parking is available about 2-3 minutes from the riad, though tolerances are likely to strain the credibility of an American driver. It's risky to park a rental car here, but what's the alternative? This was a thoroughly friendly and enjoyable place to stay; it would be hard to find a better place in Fes unless you are traveling the glitzy, luxurious hotel circuit.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 May 2016

Best riad in Fes. All was exellent. Thanks for warm welcome, services, and staff smiles.
This is the second time that we were in this riad. Great rooms, amazing and delicious food!!!!!! Beautiful view from the terrace.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 May 2016

I stayed for two nights in this riad during a solo trip through Morocco. I would love to return some day.

My room was large and beautiful, with three large windows and a nice bathroom. The room included a comfortable day bed for lounging in addition to a very comfortable bed. The room was clean and tastefully decorated.

I took breakfast and dinner at the riad--the food and service were excellent.

I also had a very nice massage at the riad. Definitely worth the money.

Meals were served in the building's beautiful central courtyard. It was a very nice spot to eat.

The staff was very kind, gracious and helpful. They made me feel very comfortable and welcome.

This riad is located on the edge of the ancient medina of Fes. The riad's rooftop has a very nice terrace with a great view of the medina. Manager Kacem hooked me up with a guide to explore the medina, which made for a very satisfying day.

Stay here if you get a chance.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 May 2016 via mobile

I booked riad ahlam for my stay in fes and it was a great end to our morocco tour ! Lovely terrace to relax from the busy streets .
A place where you can enjoy the panoramic view of fes medina,clean rooms,fantastic breakfast and a great location.
I will always remember how honest and helpful kacem the host is.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple