“Waste”

Ranked #201 of 247 Restaurants in Fes
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 November 2017 via mobile

The price per plate was 300 to 500 for not that great of food but I get it...the cost was for the show....but the show was a disappointment and the group of musicians kept throwing there drums so that we would tip them...and we were the only ones in the resturant but they had cleverly put in a 50 MAD in there. And at the end we were billed additionally for the show....no where on the menu or the resturant does it say the show cost an additional 100 MAD

Reviewed 26 August 2017

This optional extra on our tour was billed as Arabian nights. It was interesting for the night as we wove down alleys that were less than appealing. In fact, I would not suggest going down them without a guide. Fortunately we had a great local guide with us. There were people trying to sell us trinkets the moment we stepped off the coach and this continued at the end of the night when we returned to the coach. Giving a lot of credit to our local Moroccan guide, he did try to stop this from occurring.

The dinner itself had some ups and downs. I will never understand a country not supplying unlimited water with a meal. We did get wine with our set menu. The meal, or the little of it that I ate...was interesting. There was a sweet pastry that I thoroughly enjoyed. But most of it... I didn't touch.

The entertainment for the night was great. Magicians, musicians and belly dancers. Sadly belly dancing is not a local thing, so it's put on for the tourists. Although it was quite entertaining on the night.

Once I had this experience, it is not something I would return to. However, I did enjoy it for what it was. The building we ate in was utterly breathtaking once you were inside.

Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

First of all. The prices at this restaurant are very high for what they should be. The food is below par and mostly overly sweet compared to most other local places.

The shows are also pretty crappy. Two groups of men banging the same beat to some drums, one of the worst magicians I have ever seen, a belly dancer who hardly moved, and one other dancer.

Overall, i don't recommend this place to anyone. Tourist trap

Reviewed 22 April 2017 via mobile

I went to this restaurant with a group, nice decor, good Moroccan food and a show, nice place to have a taste of local culture.

1  Thank BeatrizG2
Reviewed 27 March 2017

Without our local guide I would never have found this place on my own. Food was good, and the ambience was fantastic (even if some folks complained that the seating was a little low).