All reviews small hotel walk minutes to the beach yogurt pool area buffet breakfast another guest plenty of hot water quiet pool three nights fantastic stay private beach each morning recommend this hotel hotel guests beautiful hotel shutters morocco
Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

A beautiful hotel with great furnishings and decorations. The pool area with the garden is amazing. Staff was very nice and helpful. Breakfast was a bit low quality. I would definitely recommend this hotel it’s really worth the price.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 February 2018

When we arrived to the hotel the rudeness begin at the counter. The Staff member are really Un-polite. At evening when we order cappchino plus hot tea for us the waiter took atleast 45 mintutes and brought us water with a coffee color and the ice tea when we ask him we never order ice tea we ask for hot tea he said we do not server that you Must take the ice tea because i already made it for you. He gave us a bill or something we never order. There was group of people including their security guard to argue with us. They do not have any respect for the women really racist people working at this hotel. Even though I'm a foreigners to this country they do not like moroccan people with foreigners. First night I wasn't able to sleep at all due to the loud noise and hotel bathroom is really dirty with strong mold smell. Because of the leak of this bathroom. Really cheap nasty breakfast do not expect American or European breakfast. At the time of the check out even though we full paid for our reservation they demanded us to pay extra 1200 dirham they called security guard on us so we have to pay. Worst Experience I ever had in my life do not waste your money at this place.You will regret.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank tariqe350
Reviewed 29 October 2017

Wasn't sure whether I made a good choice before I went as there were so many resort choices, and this seemed to be a smaller one, but it wasn't like that was of importance. At only 50€ a night, the room was clean and nicely furnished, bathroom had a rain shower. However, the main reason why we chose this hotel was because of the private beach - it was more of an enclosed area with a guy watching over (your stuff I presume), but it's honestly better than nothing and there are loungers. The beach is only about a 15 minute walk from the hotel so it's not bad.

Room Tip: pool side room was pretty quiet
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Buttpacker
Reviewed 27 October 2017

There was little privacy at the hotel. The staff were extremely interested in your innings and outings. They made me feel EXTREMELY uncomfortable. When I stopped by with my partner, they commented on his presence and almost chastised me for having him with me. In addition, they chastised me for not eating breakfast there, saying it was "included in the bill but I wasnt taking advantage of it." Whats it to them? They were extremely rude and unprofessional, and I will never again stay there. They treat you differently if you are a white person with blonde hair versus an Arab or darker skinned person. Obvious racism and sexism going on. They need to mind their business and stop getting involved in their guests' lives. Honestly one of the most uncomfortable experiences Ive ever had. You go to hotels to relax, and I booked this slightly more expensive hotel in order to have a pleasant experience and to relax, but they completely ruined it for me. Shame on them. Do not book this hotel if you care about privacy and respect.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Atlantic E, Directeur général at The Atlantic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2017

Dear Hadel J,
Thank you for taking the time to comment our establishment. We take all comments made by our guests very seriously.
However, I must say that although your comment is quite concerning, it is also somewhat confusing.
Unfortunately, none of the statements you made about our staff or anything else were ever brought to our attention during your stay. In fact, you did not mention any negative comments whatsoever.
Furthermore, we are sorry to say that we somewhat find it difficult to imagine someone being “chastised” for not wanting to have a free a breakfast. That’s a bit of a strong word…
Similarly, you may understand that it is quite surprising to us that you mention being once again “chastised” for having your partner with you, when our records clearly indicate that you stayed with us in a single room.
Nonetheless, we are sorry to hear that your stay with us was that terrible. Should you wish to discuss this matter further, please contact us directly.
Regards,

Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

Short version:
Super staff and superb kitchen!
Ask for the Moroccan menu and order a bottle of Médaillon!

We are not the "all-in" kind of couple. We prefer just to have breakfast and go explore the city. Turns out that Agadir is not our kind of city. It has a beautiful beach, but no real local culture except for the Kasbah (which is nothing more than a ruin to be honest).
This hotel saved our holiday. First of all the staff our the nicest and most helpful staff I have ever met (and not to try and scam you, we only left tips because we really wanted to).
We were greeted every moment personnaly, had lovely and genuine conversations!
They helped us to book excursions to Paradise Valley and quad rides. Both of them at very reasonable price and great fun. Paradise Valley is worth every moment!
We were looking for local restaurants to enjoy the local kitchen, but Agadir offers very few restaurants like this (or hides them well).
We asked the staff members where we could to get to know the local kitchen and they summoned the kitchen staff who were quite excited with our interest in their culture. We were presented another menu, the moroccon one, with very reasonable prices but OH MY GOD the food is amazing!
I personally tried couscous several times and hated it until I ate it at this hotel. It was prepared with local herbs and delicious meat. I was sorry I wasn't able to eat more!
Try their tajine and especially their specialty tangia!
Last but not least, they offer a moroccon wine "Médaillon" which is so delicious we bought a bottle every day.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple