All reviewsfree walking tourla tigraoutdoor spaceshared kitchencentral americawifi worksonward travelprivate roomgreat areagrocery storeplace to stayenjoyed my staydormhernanbedsteguscity
Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed here just for the night whilst passing through to go to el salvador. It's a good hostel to just stay for the night. The dorm is very big and spacious with 2 bathrooms.

Booked a bus to San Salvador at the reception which left at 5 in the morning. Was told that the night guard would be able to call a cab at that time (around 3:30) which sounded perfect. After getting up at this time the night guard tried to call 1 taxi but that one didn't answer and he didn't know any other companies to call. So told us to just walk on the street and look for a taxi here! I couldn't believe this. I am a single female traveller and would have not done this by myself but luckily there was another person who took the same bus.

If reception tells me that they will be able to call a taxi for me then that is what I will expect, please try to have taxi companies available at this time and who are reachable. Because I don't think it's a responsible thing to send people on the streets at that time of the night.

Besides that no complains about the hostel.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
HernanSegurado, Owner at Palmira Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2018

Hi Lisette, sorry for the that, we will change taxi to another taxi company. Hope you are enjoying your trip. Have a nice day!

Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

About three months ago I had have to find a place in Tegucigalpa for a short time consultancy and when a friend recommended Hostal Palmira I through that she lost her mind. After all this time I just can said that this place is great!! It has the option for private rooms enough to be confortable as your own.
Even if you are a backpacker or traveler this place is grate. It is quiet, safe, in a great area, clean, with a beautiful green patio and terrace, very great staff; there is a coffee shop at the door, laundry and gym around the corner, good restaurants and market nearby (check my reviews related to restaurants) and as cherry on the top of the cake: Maya the puppy-dog of the place.
Very recomendable.
I’ll definitely will take this place as base every time possible I’ll have to be back in Tegucigalpa. Thanks

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 May 2018

Stayed there for a couple of nights. Got a nice clean room. Met nice people at common area. The staff was very helpful as to where to get things, what is safe and what is not, and so on. There is a nice balcony to seat in which turns into a small bar at night. Not noisy at all and friendly

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 April 2018

I asked for a receipt but they never gave me one. The shower is super cold and the beds are not very god.
The staff now about nothing so you can't ask them about anything.
The dorm is to big and very noisy.
Maybe it's cheap but it's not worth the money.

Room Tip: Look for some other place. You will love not to stay here.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
HernanSegurado, Owner at Palmira Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

We are sorry that you had a bad time at Palmira and we hope my refusal to give you a discount didnt prompt a negative perspective. Our guests always compliment us on the quality of our service, our comfy beds and two pillows. We also now have hot showers fitted, in order for you to enjoy your experience more.

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

A nice and simple accomodation with a beautiful terrace and a welcoming dinnerpossibility :D. The personal helps you with any question or comment you have. They help with good taxipossibilities in case you don't want to take the local buses and have some great ideas for stuff doing in and around the city.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo