All reviews la tigra free city tour great place to chill shared kitchen outdoor space clean kitchen bike rental dorm room roof terrace wifi works met nice bad reputation central america onward travel no hot water place to stay cleaned every day
Reviewed 12 April 2018

I asked for a receipt but they never gave me one. The shower is super cold and the beds are not very god.
The staff now about nothing so you can't ask them about anything.
The dorm is to big and very noisy.
Maybe it's cheap but it's not worth the money.

Room tip: Look for some other place. You will love not to stay here.
Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
HernanSegurado, Owner at Palmira Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

We are sorry that you had a bad time at Palmira and we hope my refusal to give you a discount didnt prompt a negative perspective. Our guests always compliment us on the quality of our service, our comfy beds and two pillows. We also now have hot showers fitted, in order for you to enjoy your experience more.

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

A nice and simple accomodation with a beautiful terrace and a welcoming dinnerpossibility :D. The personal helps you with any question or comment you have. They help with good taxipossibilities in case you don't want to take the local buses and have some great ideas for stuff doing in and around the city.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 30 January 2018

We stayed at Palmira as a group of 7 on the way to Leon, we all live in Honduras and can confidently say that it is the best place we have stayed in the country. The owner was incredibly helpful, knowledgeable and friendly. We stayed during the protests in Honduras and felt completely secure, it is located in the very safe embassy region. The rooms were impeccably clean and comfortable, the hostel has a well equipped and clean kitchen and the bathrooms were spotless. The staff helped us arrange our onwards travel and couldn't have been more helpful. We will definitely be staying here again. Would completely recommend a stay here, it is fantastic!

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 January 2018

I stayed here with my girlfriend for 3 nights and everything was great. The owner is very friendly and cooks delicious homemade food for the guests every night. If you don't want to join, you can always cook by yourself in the furnished kitchen. The room were cozy and we slept very well. There are also tours of the city available and one night we went with the hostel to the picacho to see the beautiful view of Tegucigalpa by night. The staff is friendly and helpful. This is a hostel owned by an young entrepreneurial Honduran, which made me happy to support his initiative. It was also cheap considering the other options available with this quality standard.
Tegucigalpa has a bad reputation but you can really be surprised by the city so I recommend to stay a few nights here and get to know it!

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 January 2018

I really enjoyed my stay at Palmira hostel - the highlight for me is the amazing roof terrace, which has every piece of furnishing you could want to relax in the day and evening, and a beautiful view over Tegucigalpa. The neighbourhood is secure and it's easy to walk to the centre, malls, restaurants, shops, bars etc. The hostel was clean and has good amenities and friendly staff, and the owner went out of his way to help me with my stay and onward travel plans. Definitely recommended!

Date of stay: December 2017