All reviews free walking tour la tigra outdoor space shared kitchen central america wifi works onward travel private room great area grocery store place to stay enjoyed my stay dorm hernan beds tegus city
Reviewed 25 January 2018

I stayed here with my girlfriend for 3 nights and everything was great. The owner is very friendly and cooks delicious homemade food for the guests every night. If you don't want to join, you can always cook by yourself in the furnished kitchen. The room were cozy and we slept very well. There are also tours of the city available and one night we went with the hostel to the picacho to see the beautiful view of Tegucigalpa by night. The staff is friendly and helpful. This is a hostel owned by an young entrepreneurial Honduran, which made me happy to support his initiative. It was also cheap considering the other options available with this quality standard.
Tegucigalpa has a bad reputation but you can really be surprised by the city so I recommend to stay a few nights here and get to know it!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 January 2018

I really enjoyed my stay at Palmira hostel - the highlight for me is the amazing roof terrace, which has every piece of furnishing you could want to relax in the day and evening, and a beautiful view over Tegucigalpa. The neighbourhood is secure and it's easy to walk to the centre, malls, restaurants, shops, bars etc. The hostel was clean and has good amenities and friendly staff, and the owner went out of his way to help me with my stay and onward travel plans. Definitely recommended!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

While Tegucigalpa is not typically in most traveler’s plans,the Hostel’s central location to nightlife, restaurants, and other attractions,are quality amenities that will make you stay more days than originally plannedand within budget.

Palmira Hostel is a large house with a sizeable terracethat boasts great city views; The outdoor grill is a common area where folksgather and often cook to great conversations. The good: owner is attentive, keepsthe place in tip-top shape and clean.The bad: no restaurant, but a large kitchen and supermarkets nearby. Cyclists and campers welcome.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 December 2017 via mobile

This place has a great and secure location within colonial Palmira. Its run by Ironman enthusiast Hernan who is helpfull beyond expectations. You can do some workouts with him in afternoons or join for a rooftop bbq session.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 December 2017 via mobile

Is so lovely to travel back to Honduras and find a place so beautiful and so well adapted for travellers, a place that you have you space to feel comfortable and at the same time conected with people. Everithing is very clean and proper. We had an amazing g time and feom my trips one of the best postal I have gone.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family