“Excellent tour and very informative!”

Intercambio Catracho
Book In Advance
More Info
US$189,00*
and up
Day Trip to Kayak at Yojoa Lake from Tegucigalpa
More attraction details
Owner description: Intercambio Catracho offers tour guide services and personalized tourist transportation, responsible, and experienced traveling within Honduras. We travel from Tegucigalpa. We offer You day trips around colonial towns & national parks.
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Kerim_Perdomo, General Manager at Intercambio Catracho, responded to this reviewResponded 2 days ago

All reviews
"parks"
"country"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed 20 February 2018

I was a bit skeptical of my visiting Honduras, due to all the information found on-line about the dangers in San Pedro Sula, and cities of Honduras. Kerim changed that concept completely, and took me on a road trip through western Honduras that left me with nothing more than wonderful memories of kind and hospitable people, beautiful colonial towns, fresh and exciting coffee, and a deep exchange of conversations. He is a passionate person with a mission. I am so privileged to have been a part of his vision to change Honduras for the better. Go visit Honduras, and enjoy the company of Kerim!

Reviewed 15 November 2017

Reviewed 17 July 2017

I just returned from three weeks in Honduras. I used Kerim last year and he was great so I contacted him again for his services this time around. We went across the country from San Pedro/Santa Rosa de Copan/Gracias-La Campa/Lake Yojoa/PANACAM/Pulha waterfall/Tela/Pico Bonito. It was awesome. I highly recommend his services. If you are in the area or passing through Tela let him take you to lunch on the beach for sopa de mariscos with the Garifuna people. The zip lines in La Campa and Pulha waterfall are safe and fun. PANACAM and Pico Bonito national parks are pristine and filled with undiscovered swimming opportunities. I also went to Cayos Cochinos, a little overrated in my opinion. A neat place that was not on my list that Kerim suggested: the rarely visited Caves of Taulabe outside of Siguatepeque. Worth the stop if you are in the area. He's your best bet for tours/transportation in all of Honduras.

Hello Mrs. L...it seems this answer is a little delayed... :-) Thanks so much for your trust, for share your time with this country that you fell in love...thanks so much for your support to our people...and thanks for gave us the honor to be your hosts. We´ll see You next year...Your friend, Kerim.

See more reviews
Reviewed 4 July 2017

Contacted Kerim through the internet , based on the favourable reports on Tripadvisor.
We were a group of 4 colleagues who wanted to se a bit of Honduras after completion of our jobs in Tegucigalpa. We had immediate contact and Kerim was very helpful in the proces of establishing what would be possible to see during our 3 day road trip. We had long and interesting days - driving a total of 1200 km on the not very good roads.
Our wishes were: nature, trecking, gastronomy, local life (no churches, monuments or museums). Accomodation should be clean, safe and economical.

Kerim understood our wishes and we planned a trip from Tegucigalpa to Tela and La Ceiba. Caves, natural parks, microbrewery and a visit to a very local restaurant - they had been serving the same dish breakfast, lunch and dinner for more that 20 years and the place is still full.

We loved the natural parks - the towns did not win our hearts.

Sometimes our wishes differed in the group and Kerim displayed extreme diplomacy to make everything work out anyhow.

Honduras has a bad reputation for crime and I am sure that you should be cauteous.
We only met friendly people, we did not feel threatened and nobody tried to rip us off.

Kerim is very knowledagble about his country and our conversations gave us a nuanced picture of Honduras.

I have no hesistation in recommending him as guide and driver if you plan a roadtrip in Honduras

Kerim_Perdomo, Owner at Intercambio Catracho, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2017

Thanks so much, Ms. Anne, it was a pleasure to serve you and show you a little about my country...thanks for enjoying every place we visit. You are more than welcome till next time!!!