Review Highlights
Yoga suited for all levels!

Vinyasa Flow Yoga at Freedive's dock during sunset is very relaxing, spiritual and edificant... read more

Reviewed 7 July 2019
ajrfrank
San Salvador, El Salvador
Terrific instruction

Appreciated Lisa's excellent instruction guiding the Yoga practice. Also had the opportunity to... read more

Reviewed 31 December 2017
craigmQ3435OP
Mississauga, Canada

See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 February 2013

I had the chance to do my first ever yoga session with Lisa, the instructor of Yoga Utila. She was very friendly and enlightening, helping me learn at my own pace while pushing myself a little bit further. The place is incredible, in front of the beautiful Utila bay, even more beautiful doing yoga at sunset. After this first time, I decided to come back for every class during my stay on the island. I am sure it helped me enjoy even more diving and freediving because I was more grounded, relaxed and more focused on my breathing.

Date of experience: December 2012
3  Thank XuanIxtop
Reviewed 24 February 2013

The new Yoga Shala, Over bush supermarket is a huge improvement for the Yoga Community in Utila. I am starting to do Asthanga Yoga and the place is perfect for the learning experience, also Aura the teacher is so awesome, she loves what she do, she have a lot of knowledge about yoga and she want´s to share all the benefits of practicing yoga in daily basis. If you want to do a different activity meanwhile your are in Utila or if you are a regular Yoga practitioner i really recommend go and do Yoga here. The best place so far!!
Namaste

4  Thank Jhair H
Reviewed 23 February 2013

I love the new Yoga Utila Studio! Owner, Aura, has created a wonderful place to practice Yota. She is teaching a special beginner Astanga Yoga class for some of us, and has lots of classes to offer. A great way to add to your vacation or lifestyle! Located over Bush's supermarket, this lovely studio and excellent instructions are friendly and excellent. Fees by donation and ability to pay! Namaste.

3  Thank MartyandCarrell
Reviewed 23 February 2013

I had found Yoga Utila before my departure for Honduras and had contacted Aura who teaches Ashtanga Vinyasa yoga. She had given me all the information I needed to know and I was really eager to meet her. I actually liked a lot the fact that they want the locals to learn about yoga and anybody can go, independently of their financial situation by giving a voluntary contribution. I think that is great.
But most of all, when I met Aura, I was instantly charmed by her personality. She is sweet, always smiling, generous with her time, passionate about yoga, the history of yoga, a great source of information about yoga. She also is a fantastic teacher, demanding but with a lot of humour. She does not teach only asanas (postures). She goes one step further and teaches us what is yoga, where it comes from and what it means in our life to do yoga.
I went to yoga everyday during my stay in Utila! And my progress was phenomenal thanks to Aura. I discovered Ashtanga yoga with her and will continue with that type of yoga here at home.
I also met great people and made friends in the class which made my week even greater!
Thanks Aura!

Reviewed 22 February 2013

I was in Utila in January,
after freeding I went for a couple of late afternoon sessions.
The site is quite nice, a high deck facing the sun set.
Lisa, the instructor was excellent, friendly and relaxing.
Made me realized that doing a bit yoga over there, helped me jumping even faster into the vacation mode. Will redo the experience

Date of experience: January 2013