“Hidden Gem”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Munchy519
Belle River, Canada
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed 3 February 2014 for a stay in January 2014

Excellent place to spend your time in Utila! Very clean and organized apartments. Milady is a sweetheart and has lots of local knowledge. She will do her best to help you enjoy your time in Utila. I hope everyone who comes here will enjoy it just as much as I did. Perfect for anybody who wants a quiet and safe place to stay. Thanks again Milady!

Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Darcy K
Sechelt, Canada
“the perfect place to connect with nature on Utila”
Reviewed 15 December 2013 for a stay in October 2013

I stayed in the upper floor apartment at Chez Milady for six-weeks from mid-October until the end of November. I was looking for a peaceful place with beautiful views away from the hustle and bustle of Utila Town. Because I work from home, I wanted home to be beautiful and simple. This is just what I found at Chez Milady.

I was blessed to have the companionship of one of Milady's dogs, Sasha. She was loyal and protective. I appreciated her service to me. The views from all of the windows are gorgeous. I most especially enjoyed watching the sunrise over the Caribbean in the distance each morning from my huge and very comfortable bed. If you are looking for luxury, this place is not for you. But if you like clean, simple, comfortable and beautiful accommodations, this would be a good fit. Be prepared to either walk the 15 minutes to town or to obtain a bicycle. I adored riding my bicycle to and from Milady's.

Milady is very helpful with picking up water and always offered to get me things from town when she was going. I was very busy working while I was there so I didn't get to take full advantage of her offers for hikes, tours and her aerobics classes! However, my mom and sister did come to stay with me for a week and she did take us three on a fun tour of the island. What an adventure! The apartment did sleep the three of us comfortably, and could sleep 5 if it was two couples and a single person or a family.

I recommend Chez Milady's without hesitation. It is beautiful, quiet and perfect if you are needing a retreat from the lights and noise of Utila Town.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: contact with nature, beautiful views, peaceful
Liked least: I can't think of anything.
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Michigan
Reviewed 8 April 2013 for a stay in March 2013

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Rugged travelers
Oregon
Reviewed 3 March 2013 for a stay in January 2012

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Older travelers
YourEscap...
Vancouver, Canada
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 11 January 2013 for a stay in January 2013
person found this review helpful

After reading prior reviews on TripAdvisor Milady’s sounded like the perfect place for us, as we were looking for clean, quiet and self-contained so that we could cater for ourselves.
The apartments are indeed set in a beautiful tranquil garden setting; however there are a few things that you do need to know. It is at least a 15 minute walk into town some of it along an unlit dirt road (bring a flashlight). Milady does help alleviate this by offering pickups and taking you into town to do grocery shops etc.
She does have 3 dogs on the property, which were certainly friendly enough but can appear intimidating. Internet can be hooked up for US$25 a month.
The apartment itself left a lot to be desired; maybe her cleaning lady had been having a “off” day. The floors did not appear to have been cleaned in a while, the kitchen was sadly lacking, no kettle, no toaster, very few plates & utensils, the saucepans were completely rusty. (Milady mentioned that they may be rusty and to just them a good scrub and rinse) However nothing was supplied to clean them with, no scourers, no dish cloths or detergent and sadly no toilet paper either.
For an apartment that can sleep up to 5 there were only 2 towels provided and no extra bedding other than what was on the double and single beds, which were comfortable and clean.
We were in the ground floor apartment which does not have an ocean view and cannot say if the upper one does, as the sea is some distance away.
We realise that this is the tropics and we are not super clean freaks, but feel that with a more thorough clean, restocking of kitchen, appliances, utensil etc. that the apartment would be much more comfortable and live up to her wonderful reputation.
Milady herself is a darling and it is hard to write this review but feel that these things have to be said. We later found a much better equipped, internet included, cleaner apartment with a ocean view for the same price as Milady charges.

How easy was it to book the property? Overall condition of the property
Liked best: Milady
Liked least: Poor state of kitchen area, utensils etc.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
11 Jan 2013
As you can see from prior reviews, our apartments are the perfect place for most people. I am sorry that Chez MIlady was not a good fit for you. Most often when people rent an apartment, as opposed to hotel, it is due to their desire for self-sufficiency and privacy - a home away from home.

As it is an apartment we supply towels, however you will want to get all the necesities you may need for an apartment.

Yes I'm a 16 min. walk from downtown. It's a beautiful walk to be enjoyed as you will encounter nature and Utila's surroundings. This is why most people choose our location due to it's tranquility and green environment.

Yes we do have 3 dogs on the premises who are my personal pets as my house is in the same complex. If anyone has an aversion to dogs, I can simply keep them at the house upon request.

I did clean the place myself. I'm sorry it was not up to your standards. I appreciate your comments.

You are correct that the apartment can sleep up to 5 people. However, to be environmental and reduce fresh water use, we offer towels for the number of people who are renting the apartment. As you were two, I supplied towels for two, and would be happy if clients request more.

Yes, the lower apartment has a beautiful, lush garden view as opposed to a sea view like the upper apartment has.

I'm glad you found another place to stay where you were satisfied, and I apologize that Chez Milady was not the place for you. Thank you for your review as I will do my best to rectify the things that were not pleasing to you for the future.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing