Review Highlights
World Class Course

I finally took my beginner course and surprised myself in reaching the 21 meter goal. I’ve been... read more

Reviewed 17 January 2020
Otiliaj
Minneapolis, Minnesota
via mobile
UNFORGETTABLE EXPERIENCE!!!

Freedive is something I always wanted to try but never had courage to go and do it. While having... read more

Reviewed 25 November 2019
Milochka21
San Francisco, California

All reviews felt great unforgettable experience dive shop tex scuba skills goal dives fears rescue udc
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Tex has a great teaching style...patient, positive and he creates a totally non-competitive environment. He explains the whole process in a way that allowed me to experiment with the techniques while feeling completely safe. Tex's guidance and continual feedback allowed me to dive much deeper and more relaxed than I could have imagined. The course is designed well to allow each person to move at their own pace ...never feeling pressured. Tex had two great instructors working with him, Lisa and Avan. They all worked together harmoniously to ensure that everyone got a lot of one on one guidance and support. I feel really fortunate to have had such a positive first experience of freediving.

Date of experience: March 2014
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I am a dive master, surfer and work on boats and after taking this course I feel even more comfortable with being on, in or below the water. You truly gain a new relationship with yourself and the water! Tex is a great mentor!

Date of experience: January 2014
Reviewed 8 February 2014

I had my first ever free diving beginner course with Tex doing yoga and free diving 6 months ago, and I decided to come back to do me advanced course with Apnea Total Utila Mark Roger. Mark taught me several breathing techniques (abdominal, diaphragm, breath up).

Tex was not only thoroughly knowledgeable but he was so patient and stressed the importance of being calm and taking the time and listen to my body. He taught me the proper breathing techniques which are so integral to free diving. Tex is really professional and understanding and he always make you feel safe at the same time as he teach you how to improve your skills.

I'd strongly recommend Apnea Total Utila with Tex to anyone who's up to deeper understanding of diving and own inner processes (physiological and psychic), interested in experiencing the freedom of free diving, with a true professional instructor !

My Apnea journey has just begun. Thank You Tex, I was so lucky to find this place and You.

Date of experience: August 2013
Reviewed 22 January 2014 via mobile

I can't say enough about how awesome and worthwhile this class is. I only regret that I couldn't stay and do the advanced and free masters class. Tex is a patient and laid back instructor who cares deeply about the safety and fun of the sport for everyone. Highly recommend taking the class, you will be shocked at what you can do!

Reviewed 1 December 2013

I wasn't planning on doing the free diving course during my time in Utila but had heard that it was a great course so I thought I would give it a try. Tex was very professional, flexible with our schedules, and very easy going. He made me feel safe in the water and taught us great techniques for getting the maximum amount of time under water and maximum breathhold. I had issues going down head first because my ears wouldn't equalize, so Tex worked with me going down feet first. I was surprised by how far I could go and how long I could hold my breath after only 2 days of instruction! I would definitely go back and take further courses!

Date of experience: September 2013