“Superdooper”
other travellers have booked this property
Upscale Beds and 400ct Egyptian Cotton Sheets Original Artwork
Upscale Beds and 400ct Egyptian Cotton Sheets
Original Artwork
US Imported Appliances and all amenities
Spacious Great Room
Ceramic Tile and Hot Water Throughout!
Each Unit has a Private Deck with table and chairs
The Gardens Support Local Art
The Cottage at The Gardens is a perfect romantic get-a-way for couples
INTRODUCING OUR NEWEST COTTAGE!!!
The Cottage is compact, but has everything you could possibly need!
The Cottage is perfect for couple wanting privacy, intimacy, and comfort
Comfort, privacy and cool breezes
Private Balcony/Deck with each unit
Outdoor seating/study area complete with WiFi coverage
Grass and banana trees abound
Country side views, The Gardens is not cramped  for space!
The Gardens prizes its flowers
Bananas from our gardens are free to our guests as they ripen!
Let The Gardens be your home-a-way from home on Utila! Come and join us!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Mandy G
liverpool
“Superdooper”
Reviewed 8 February 2016 for a stay in January 2016

The hosts made us feel very welcome indeed. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here, the location was perfect for our needs. On our arrival Jo & Tony met us at the dock with a tuk tuk which was very helpful as we were loaded with dive gear. Offering to give us a tour of the local hotspots helped us to settle in straight way.
The location of the accommodation was a short walk from the main street & Captain Morgans Dive Shop, away from the bar noise. The room we stayed at in the Gardens was on the top floor, with lovely views over the well manicured gorgeous garden below. The kitchen has everything you could need, it is a home from home, the hosts were kind enough to provide some little extra's to start you off, washing up liquid, tea, coffee, salt, pepper, toilet roll.
The bedroom was cool in the heat & airy with a great bed, two windows taking advantage of the breeze, Finishing touches to the decor, including a television, a seating area, pictures & a little library of books made for a very comfortable stay, having mosquito guards at the windows meant that we didn't receive as many bites as most of the people we met!
For those needing to keep in touch with home, we found the internet connection great. We looked at all the other rooms... & we couldn't say that they were any different in style ... perhaps the ones on the right were a little cooler in the day as they didn't have as much direct sun... this is good right?! We stayed here 5 weeks & would recommend it.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: the position in a quiet part of town close to everything.
Liked least: That the banana trees in the garden didn't grow fast enough to provide us with fresh island fruit every day!
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
utila_ret...
Honduras
“Great Place”
Reviewed 6 February 2016 for a stay in January 2016

We have know Jo and Tony for years but had never stayed in one of their properties. The Gardens is a well maintained property in a quiet part of Utila. Jo and Tony are great hosts and will make sure you know your way around the island. You will not find a better place to stay for the price. Oh yeah, there's free apple bananas most of the time also.

Captron62...
Lacombe, Canada
“Won't find better”
Reviewed 11 January 2016 for a stay in December 2015

Absolute fantastic hosts, what great people. So glad that I found The Gardens online. From long before I left for Utila I was yearning to meet my hosts Tony & Jo. Everything that could have been done for myself was indeed taken care of no matter how big or small. They have contacts all over so that they can take care of all details. Not like some other vacation rental owners Jo & Tony love what they do and are true professionals. Nothing is overlooked by them or their fantastic staff. Clean and comfy all things needed to make your vacation a true vacation. After making sure all logistics were taken care of they met me at the airport. Then took myself to the Gardens gave me time to change into some island attire and off we went on an island tour to show me some interesting details of Utila. Nothing was an issue from transportation for myself or communication to others they took care of it all. They know how to treat their guests, never in your face like some others I have dealt with in the past. Always available to answer questions and steer you in the right direction. Nice fenced in property with herbs and hot peppers at my disposal for some great home cooked breakfast. I had an apartment on the top floor and therefore had two private decks to choose from depending on time of day and weather. Not sure how to put feelings into words other then when not if I return I will be staying with my new friends at The Gardens. Thanks Jo, Tony and staff for great memories.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everthing
Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Solo
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
80SONYA80
Toronto, Canada
“Home away from home”
Reviewed 6 January 2016 for a stay in December 2015
person found this review helpful

Tony and Jo are amazing people!!
They do everything in their power to make you feel comfortable and happy. They know so much about the island so they can tell you where to go, eat, and have fun.
My boyfriend and I feel really lucky to have met them. They helped us in so many ways.
Let's see...
The Gardens is one of the best and loveable places in Utila. They provide everything that they promise, unlike other places. They have fast WIFI, 24/7 hot water (many places do not have hot water all day long) in bathroom as well as kitchen (other places only have hot water in the bathroom), cable TV, extremely comfortable beds, weekly maid service with clean sheet and towels, and if you need anything else you can contact them and they will be at your service right away.
Trust me when I say I looked into all the other places like Caribbean dream, Country Side Apartment, Plum Tree Apt, and all the places along the main street.
The Gardens is worth every penny!
We can't thank them enough for everything they have done for us.

Rodney O
“Great Vacations!”
Reviewed 15 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015

We had a wonderful at The Gardens in Utila, Tony & Jo are amazing hosts! After a couple times in Utila I definitely don't see myself staying at a different place, we gladly call The Gardens our home in Utila.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing