“Cruise Detour”

Sol & Mar Beach Club
Ranked #32 of 81 things to do in Roatan
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Sol Y Mar Beach Club is one of Roatan's new hidden jewels. White sandy beach and turquoise water, makes it the perfect getaway for cruise shippers and tourists who visit this Caribbean Island. 100% Eco-friendly and built to blend with the surrounding nature. Sol Y Mar has everything for each family member. This is the All-In-One place. Join us for a one an only experience.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Baby buggy parking, Wheelchair access, Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Loved the views and treatment by the staff at Sol y Mar. Perfect hideaway/ getaway from normal cruise crowd & excursions. While prices higher than other excursions, I took the VIP Package which was unlimited food, drinks & 15 minute massage. Taxi fares are separate but the getaway & seclusion were worth it for me. Beach had all activities and then some. I didn’t see jet skis but I’m sure they could make it happen.

Jerk chicken with shrimp was delicious! I had a Bahama Mama (need work), Mojito (excellent), and Pina Colada (excellent)!

This place made me fall in love with Roatan! I will be back!

All reviews
"dorian"
"resort"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We recently spent the day at Sol Y Mar as an excursion from our cruise. It was the perfect day. (Super) Mario made our day by waiting on our every need. I would highly recommend this beach to anyone looking for a relaxing way to enjoy the beautiful beach of Roatan, Honduras.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

A beautiful place with wonderful service. Fphalom was terrific and very knowledgeable about the local cuisine and beverages

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We recently returned from a cruise where we went to Sol y Mar while in Roatan. We booked our stay at Sol y Mar about a month in advance and also booked the power snorkel trip through their website. When we arrived in Mahogany Bay we followed the instructions that were given to us when we booked our stay. We took a cab from the port over the hill where representatives from the resort were supposed to meet us. Our cab driver drove around and tried to find the Sol y Mar employees and they were nowhere to be found. Our driver then called Sol y Mar and they said they had no record of us coming, so the cab driver made arrangements with the resort to take us out there. I was a little irritated at this point, but I figured it was going to be ok since we would get there eventually. When we arrived at the resort we went to the ticket booth and presented our booking receipt. There were three girls working and they seemed to be bothered that we were there and interrupting their conversation. They never apologized for not picking us up. I told them we had booked on the internet and we were there for beach and power snorkeling. The girl looked at me funny and said "We don't have power snorkeling, you can rent some snorkel gear if you want." They even had a picture of power snorkeling right next to the girl and we had booked it on the website. Again no apology was given and no explanation. At this point I was really irritated, but decided to make the best of it. I will say the beach and facility was very nice and there were only a few people on the beach. We did order a couple of cheese burgers and the island plate and it was very good. We also rented a paddle board from Jerry who was very helpful and friendly. We also paid to have our picture taken with a monkey and we all enjoyed that. We ended up having a good afternoon after all of the issues we had to start. That being said, this was my second trip to Roatan and the first time I had a much better experience at Maya Key. At Maya Key the staff was much more professional and the reef was much easier to access. If you are stopping in Roatan I would suggest you go there instead. Sol y Mar has potential but really needs to work on their customer service and basic operations.